PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ghamden is keeping up the good workghamden is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5 maybe not

I hope this line of thinkink is wrong but as good ad the TP2 seems to be with no major issues with 6.1

Verizon may take the if its not broke don't fix it line of thinking

and most people seem they only want touch flo 2.5 or 2.6 features

And with thier favorite child coming out on the 21st (storm 2) and also droid (the iphone killer ) as good as the tp2 is they may not want to hurt those phone sales.

plus they sell out of tp2 as soon as they arrive.

????
Old 10-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

The phones were designed for 6.5. The Windows key is the most obvious indicator of that. It was also certified for 6.5.

Then there is the fact that there certain fundamental phone functions that do not survive a reset out of the box and sluggish performance for a phone that runs a 528MHz clock with A SoC GPU that is being severely under-utilized.

They will release an update eventually, or else they will have to answer why pretty much every other carrier released an upgrade...a week ago.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Its already been posted in a roadmap for it for the upgrade.(both internally and externally) Its going to come since 6.5 on the imagio (xv6975) is doing well they look at both phones as companions to each other. 1 for business and another for consumer. with consumers already using 6.5 with virtually the same hardware minus keyboard and the already official release of 6.5 on gsm (at&t and Euro) its bound to come. Just wait for the testing to complete and the carrier customizations to go through and its all good from there.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO (but no 4G yet!)

shappy0869 is keeping up the good workshappy0869 is keeping up the good work
Re: 6.5 maybe not

Running SPB Mobile Shell 3.5, I am not really sure what advantage there is to upgrade to 6.5. Heck, I have Manila turned off with MS running. I already have the Marketplace .cab.

Any other good reasons?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

SkyFire47 is a n00b

i've also read that alot of people who have upgraded to 6.5 on the unlocked versions of the TP2 aren't really that impressed with it and have flashed back to 6.1 due to performance and lagging issues.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFire47 View Post
i've also read that alot of people who have upgraded to 6.5 on the unlocked versions of the TP2 aren't really that impressed with it and have flashed back to 6.1 due to performance and lagging issues.
ok you've read that alot of people flash back, thats fine, but 90% of them keep it. the tp2 was designed for winmo 6.5 as someone posted earlier. The update is coming without certainty. it of course is definitely up to you if you want to run an out of date software. Try turning your touchflo off one day and see how you like your phone, and tell me if that is a finger friendly os.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700

i dont care for 6.5 honestly i just want manila 2.5. I hated 6.5 on my touch pro then again i hated manila 2.1 on my touch pro LOL.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
i dont care for 6.5 honestly i just want manila 2.5. I hated 6.5 on my touch pro then again i hated manila 2.1 on my touch pro LOL.
tf3d 2.5 isn't coming with the update. So basically you're waiting for the hspl, thats the only way you're getting 2.5 on your tp2 anytime soon. The only tf3d update that you will get with the 6.5 update will be the weather on the home screen.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFire47
Performance & lagging issues? Where did you see this? That doesn't make much sense considering it's the same codebase optized for newer phones with newer drivers. Odd...
Old 10-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
tf3d 2.5 isn't coming with the update. So basically you're waiting for the hspl, thats the only way you're getting 2.5 on your tp2 anytime soon. The only tf3d update that you will get with the 6.5 update will be the weather on the home screen.
yeah i dont depend too much on htc and sprint to get my phone where i need it to be LOL... i've been fixing and getting help on my phones from this forum for as long as i can remember.

my phone runs fine right now (knock on wood) so all the updates that i need are just cosmetics. I never really cared for super modified roms, on my 6700 i ran kirvin's clean and simple, on my mogul i ran a custom rom i cooked and it was bare bone and on my TP i ran ivan's 1.8 black.
(i still have all of my old phones btw)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2