PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

zizo72 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Delay after I answer incoming calls

After I answer (either using the slider or the hard answer key) I have like 3 rings before the phone picks up. I end up with a missed call most of the times. Any idea why that is happening and any solution?
Old 10-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Delay after I answer incoming calls

Only solution I could think of now is softreset your phone and if that doesn't work move to a hard reset. It maybe a program you also installed.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizo72 View Post
After I answer (either using the slider or the hard answer key) I have like 3 rings before the phone picks up. I end up with a missed call most of the times. Any idea why that is happening and any solution?
Did you install Advanced Config Utility? It's been known to cause problems with phone answering on CDMA phones (the utility is for GSM only but people on this forum keep recommending it).

If that's the cause there is a fix cab somewhere on this forum, you can search it up. You can edit the appropriate registry setting (again, search it up on this forum).

Edit:

Here's a link to the post that has the cab and registry edits:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=16

If you don't have Advanced Config installed, then beats me!

Last edited by kirstein; 10-17-2009 at 07:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:49 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

you ran a utility designed for gsm only devices. see here for fix
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=95
Old 10-17-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Talking Re: Delay after I answer incoming calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Did you install Advanced Config Utility? It's been known to cause problems with phone answering on CDMA phones (the utility is for GSM only but people on this forum keep recommending it).

If that's the cause there is a fix cab somewhere on this forum, you can search it up. You can edit the appropriate registry setting (again, search it up on this forum).

If you don't have Advanced Config installed, then beats me!
Yes I did!!!!!!!!! and restored to default too!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizo72 View Post
Yes I did!!!!!!!!! and restored to default too!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Thank Shaggy! He posted the registry fix and the cab. There should be a big warning at the top of the TP2 forum about Adv config. People keep recommending it and it keeps trashing peoples phones!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Be aware that just uninstalling Adv Conf won't fix the problem. You have to either re-edit the registry setting or run the cab listed above.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Thank Shaggy! He posted the registry fix and the cab. There should be a big warning at the top of the TP2 forum about Adv config. People keep recommending it and it keeps trashing peoples phones!
thank you both again !!! I got the cab. If it doesn't fix it, I will hard reset.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OFF topic. Just noticed everyone in this thread is from CO 'cept Shaggy, lol.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, it is fixed !! After I installed "advanced config" I had an issue with my push email acting up. So I went to Advanced config. and changed data to "always on" but that is draining the battery. Should I just hard resed and never install advanced config again?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2