PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mixed feelings about the 6.5 upgrade???

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=572935

found the above post in xda. Sounds like the 6.5 upgrade that was spoken of in the thread was not a home run. If you look deeper in that forum...you'll find lots more folks feeling the same way.

I don't think we can count cooked WM6.5 ROM's because we are all anxiously waiting for the official upgrade. PLUS most cooked ROM's are pretty much optimized anyway.

Thoughts??

Old 10-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Mixed feelings about the 6.5 upgrade???

I havent used 6.5 yet at all, so i am somewhat excited to try it out, will prolly endup running a cooked rom when that is possible
Old 10-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

i feel the same way... 6.1 is running almost perfect for me. htc made it very finger friendly so i don't know if i should try, and fix something that's not broke. i'm willing to bet that an official rom update from htc will run smoother than a custom rom. htc has really step their game up in my opinion.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbal954 View Post
I havent used 6.5 yet at all, so i am somewhat excited to try it out, will prolly endup running a cooked rom when that is possible
If you've never tried 6.5 then by all means you should, then form your own opinion. Everybody is entitled to an opinion right? After using many diff 6.5 cooked roms on my tp I find the upcoming upgrade kind of ho-hum.
Then when I hear the opinions of those who have it on already, I'm really not that surprised. You will either like it or be cussing yourself for having to reload all your stuff including a reflash back to 6.1. But it is for each of us to decide. Definitly try it once anyway.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I use 6.5 on my Diamond. Going back to 6.1 on my Wife's TP2 is absolutley miserable. I do not like it at all and I feel that 6.5 is substantially better and much more user friendly. Come on unlocker!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

anybody who thinks a stock rom is better then a cooked rom is crazy. Do you think all the chefs who make roms for people, plus the thousands that use the kitchen to cook their own personal roms are eager to use an ustable rom? Do you think all the people waiting for the hspl are like "I cant wait to make an unstable rom but has all the new features but is unusable" no body is waiting for that. Any stock rom can always be made better, and that is what the kitchen is for. anybody not willing to do it is just scared or lazy. I'de bet my paycheck the rom i cook will be 10x's better then the sprint rom, I GURANTEE IT.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Custom Roms are a lot better. I got a custom ROM with 6.5 on my treo 750. That is an old phone but it looked really good and flowed very well. The cooker optimized the ROM for my phone and added drivers that the stock ones don't come with. These drivers significantly increase performance. Plus, you get added features. Initially cooked ROMs will have bugs, but they are fixed very quickly.

@p-slim
Will you make a post in the CDMA UPgrade sub-forum for your ROM? I would like to try it out.

Last edited by dgourd; 10-17-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

wm 6.5 IMHO wasn't good
until we got to com 3 and com 4 (and that's 6.5.1)
That build has thoroughly impressed me so much I will bypass the wm 6.5 experience in favor of the betas coming out from those 2 branches exclusively

perhaps that's just my take on this, there are many that enjoy the wm 6.5 experience. I did miss it going to the touch pro 2. But as far as new and innovating it didn't do much but again its your preferences
Old 10-17-2009, 07:06 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok, I was on the fence about 6.5 roms and official as I am tmobile and have flashed customs 6.5 on this and custom 6.5 on my old tp1....

I today flashed the official 6.5 European rom and its the shiznit, Its got the
weather on my home screen and works flawlessly....

The official 6.5 is gonna be good guys trust me, im on it now and its great.....

The animated weather is cool....
Old 10-17-2009, 07:12 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I just want the new memory kernel

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2