PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bodyguardz screen protrector HELP SPRINT!

Well i ordered 1 and my Son ordered 1 off ebay from a guy for 10$ for full body and that is what came in the mail today.

I talked to him and he said he had a hard hard time and did not get it on right.I have it and im scared to death to even open it.

Anyone have any thoughts on what i can do.I am not great with these and my local malls here in florida i do not believe have any place to do it.

I doubt the local sprint store would want to help me out so any thoughts let me know.Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Bodyguardz screen protrector HELP SPRINT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Well i ordered 1 and my Son ordered 1 off ebay from a guy for 10$ for full body and that is what came in the mail today.

I talked to him and he said he had a hard hard time and did not get it on right.I have it and im scared to death to even open it.

Anyone have any thoughts on what i can do.I am not great with these and my local malls here in florida i do not believe have any place to do it.

I doubt the local sprint store would want to help me out so any thoughts let me know.Thanks in advance.
If you're saying that your scared to install the screen protector don't be as most can be fiddled with a bit while installing. If you have the original Sprint included screen protector it is washable and reusable. If you are using one which has a glue or other adhesive on it you can use a soap/water solution or windex/water solution and spray the screen before application and then squeegee the suface. I would not recommend getting the device wet however for obvious reasons including the infamous moisture sensor under the battery cover.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well i ordered the bodyguardz cause it had good reviews but my son said it was hard and that it does not even fit the full screen well.I have no clue about how to put the body part on and to spray that stuff on there is going to be tuff.Wish there was like places that for 5$ would put it on for you or Sprint would do it at there store but i know since it was not bought there im sure they will not.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

webdave is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to webdave Send a message via AIM to webdave Send a message via MSN to webdave Send a message via Yahoo to webdave Send a message via Skype™ to webdave

Man up, open the freaking package, read the directions and go from there. You can always watch example how to videos on Youtube.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

LOL my son is better then me and he could not do it.I have shakey hands and also have that OCD of it having to be just right and when it is not i take it off and then it looks worse LOL.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work

I would like to get my hands on some of the Sprint OEM screen protectors that came with the phone. In my opinion, they are awesome!

When I installed it, I got lint and small particles under it. This disappointed me, so I pulled it off and tried some cheapy ones that I ordered through Sprint when I got the phone. They looked aweful, and also got the lint and particle problem. However, those allowed me to experiment and get better at putting on screen protectors.

Then I got an idea to try to re-use the Sprint OEM protector. It was covered with finger prints, fuzz, and small particles. I ran it under the faucet, and it cleaned up to like new.

To install it, I folded a piece of light cardboard to make a mini squeegie. Then I washed my hands really well to remove any oil. I then ran the screen protector under the kitchen faucet and scrubbed both sides with my hands. Then, with it dripping wet (and holding it by the edges), I shook it to get most of the water off (but not all) and then placed it back on the phone. Then squeegied the excees water out.

After multiple attempts as mentioned above, I found it more useful to start at the side instead of at the top or bottom. If the sides are lined up perfectly, then it will lay down on the phone perfectly. I noticed, when starting at the top or bottom, I would miss align the sides as I worked it from one end to the other.

After all this, a poster submitted some very useful tips (in a sticky) that in hindsight I would've like to have tried. Like steaming a bathroom to get all the lint and particles out of the air.

I know this doesn't help with your original post, but the point is, trial and error will help build your confidence up. Therefore, you might get some cheaper screen protectors and give them a try first to increase your application prowess.

Cosmo
Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I watched the video on there site and it was a iphone.My kid told me the hard part was the back of the full body to get it to fit and of course to spray the stuff on it.Bodyguardz sends you 2 in case you mess 1 up but i bought a 1 pack on ebay for 10$ so i want it done right.They should have someplace that will do them
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I do have a question about the body guardz can you still open your phone and take the battery out?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I bought mine from Ebay for $10 also. It shipped on the 6th, but I've not received it yet. Let me know how it goes.

I've found that when you put them on, start at one end and slowly roll it down onto the device, making sure you don't get air or soap bubbles under the skin. If you do I just pull it back up and re-apply it.

Keep your fingers wet as this will keep finger prints off of it. You can removed and reapply as many times as you want. If you get frustrated, just set it aside and come back in an hour or a day later and retry it. It will be fine to let it dry off the device.

If you have to bend around an edge you might need to wait 5 minutes before getting it to stay bent so be patient. It's not super glue

I also second the idea of trying it out first with the one that came with the phone.

dave
Old 10-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Thanks i have the one that came with it on it right now.It is not great since i took it off a few times and has a dry spot on it and lots of dust and scratch's ill try it after i get over this bad cold.I just got mine today and my son also and i ordered on the 5th and he did the 8th so you should get it soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2