PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

jsalh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Ring Tones will not work

I installed Nitrogen Player from http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-nitrogen-player.html, and in the settings part of the program I selected "All" for the multimedia file types to be associated with Nitrogen (mp3, wav, mp4, etc). I then uninstalled the program, and none of my ring tones and notification sounds would work. So, I reinstalled Nitrogen and went back to the settings and sure enough the file associations were still marked (I guess it keeps it in the registry). I removed (unchecked) the associations in the program, and my notification sounds started to work, but only my windows default ring tones work.

None of my custom ring tones work anymore. When I look at a contact, the custom ring tone are still is still assigned to the persons - but it simply won't play. When a person calls - the selected default ring tone for the phone sounds off, not the custom ring tone for the contact. I can play the custom ring tones in the Media Player.

If the is the wrong area for this posting - please let me know and I will correct it.

The device is HTC Touch Pro 2 default Telus ROM running WinMO 6.1.

Any suggestions.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Custom Ring Tones will not work

Sounds like Nitrogen changed the registry key for the custom ringtone path but didn't change it back after the uninstall. I don't know the reg key off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone will sound off soon with a key for you to check.

Last edited by ebmorgan; 10-16-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

jsalh is becoming a great contributor
Re: Custom Ring Tones will not work

It was the registry glitch... HKey_Classes_Root\.MP3\Default was set to MP3-File - once I changed it back to MP3File everything was back to normal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2