PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2000mah spare battery for htc touch pro 2 sprint

I bringing this back up to let you know that one of my 2 batteries that I got is failing. Well not totally failing but the percentage of charge left is not being read properly by my phone anymore. I can charge it outside the phone, with an external charger, but when I try to charge it when it is in the phone, I get a message that it cannot charge the battery and/or charge light fast blinks. when I power the phone up after charging externally, the phone will show 100% for a short while then it won't show ANY percentage. It will just be blank. This is when I start getting the charging error.

The other one is still working fine however. For $9.50 per battery(INCLUDING shipping) tho. I'll probably just buy 1 or 2 more and deal with it. Beats spending $50+shipping for the Seidio battery.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

killerz298 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
I bringing this back up to let you know that one of my 2 batteries that I got is failing. Well not totally failing but the percentage of charge left is not being read properly by my phone anymore. I can charge it outside the phone, with an external charger, but when I try to charge it when it is in the phone, I get a message that it cannot charge the battery and/or charge light fast blinks. when I power the phone up after charging externally, the phone will show 100% for a short while then it won't show ANY percentage. It will just be blank. This is when I start getting the charging error.

The other one is still working fine however. For $9.50 per battery(INCLUDING shipping) tho. I'll probably just buy 1 or 2 more and deal with it. Beats spending $50+shipping for the Seidio battery.
Does anyone else have a status update?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

bhint15 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bhint15

I will say I bought one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/2800mAh-BATTERY-...#ht_2270wt_912 and I have had great luck with it for the last 2 weeks. It doesn't get any hotter than normal. I use the phone pretty heavy and I have been able to go almost full 3 days without charing (although I still normally charge overnight everyday.) I mainly use data, video, text, not a lot of talk time. Anyways have fun!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bigirb2002 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigirb2002 Send a message via Yahoo to bigirb2002

mine dosent read the percentage properly either
Old 06-12-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

update (Andida HK Group Co 2000 mAh battery): i bought the battery in December 09 for $9.99 on ebay. I was skeptical since no special back cover needed. But i figure, everything is made in China or Taiwan- including stock battery- so why not give a try. Keep this in mind, I also have apps to help with making my battery last. I use G-light to control the backlight. Nuebattery2 to control temp. S2U2 to control accidental hardware key from turning on tp2. I compared the two battery, Andida and stock, by using daily. I noticed with the stock battery (1500 mAh), had to charge my tp2 atleast 3 times per day. With Andida, just once.... I used them both equally by surfing the net-through my carrier and wifi, made phone calls, alot whole of texting, watched youtube videos, listen to music, and test new apps (only after work). From 7:30am to 5pm, with Andida, I had 60%-80% and with stock 30%-40%. Another thing to point out, the Andida battery has not overheated or exploded...yet.

I am interested in buying another, but I can't find them on ebay any longer. So I bought an 1800 mAh, non OEM. Will report this battery as well later.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by montecristo1; 06-12-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

HaHaAtSimon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to HaHaAtSimon

hmm that reminds me, i ran into a 2150mah battery on amazon. its "OEM" http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Extended-B...6370799&sr=8-3
and it looks like you gotta get another back case for it as well.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

still using the andida I bought last october as a second battery. depending on my usage at work and chance to charge, it stays in my phone for days with no problems. I honestly can't tell a difference between it and the stock one.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

joeadamo is just getting started

+1 - I've had one for several months and it works great! well worth the small cost.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I bought 2 of the 2000 ($8.95 each) eBay batteries a couple months ago. No problems no wear or tear, no overheats, and something I wasn't able to do on the stock battery is No putting it back on charge at 2 pm at work. The reception inside my office is usually 1 to 3 bars, so the battery is real low at 1 pm. But with the 2000 battery is still has a 50+% charge. I put the stock battery back in the box. USCC may have a free replacement for the batteries, but the last time I went in to get another battery to replace my dead one, it took almost 15 minutes and lots of questions. Too much hassle to replace unless your battery is worn and only holding a charge for a short time. Just easier to buy the 2000's and switch them off every couple days.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hd
Carrier: one2free

nounou1985 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo1 View Post
update (Andida HK Group Co 2000 mAh battery): i bought the battery in December 09 for $9.99 on ebay. I was skeptical since no special back cover needed. But i figure, everything is made in China or Taiwan- including stock battery- so why not give a try. Keep this in mind, I also have apps to help with making my battery last. I use G-light to control the backlight. Nuebattery2 to control temp. S2U2 to control accidental hardware key from turning on tp2. I compared the two battery, Andida and stock, by using daily. I noticed with the stock battery (1500 mAh), had to charge my tp2 atleast 3 times per day. With Andida, just once.... I used them both equally by surfing the net-through my carrier and wifi, made phone calls, alot whole of texting, watched youtube videos, listen to music, and test new apps (only after work). From 7:30am to 5pm, with Andida, I had 60%-80% and with stock 30%-40%. Another thing to point out, the Andida battery has not overheated or exploded...yet.

I am interested in buying another, but I can't find them on ebay any longer. So I bought an 1800 mAh, non OEM. Will report this battery as well later.

Just my 2 cents.
http://www.obostore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55

google andida 2000mah and got this
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2