PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quirky auto-sleep

This one's irritating, but I've been ignoring it for other matters..

On occasion, my phone turns on (wakes) as it would prior to receiving a call or text. The display dims, but dosen't shut off. I thought it might've been the RSS reader, but the data icon is idle, and no apps are showing on the (stock) task manager. I haven't reset my mail accounts to manual yet, but that's probably next.

Anyone seeing this?

And, can anyone recommend a good task manager? I used to use Icarius's Task manager on my mogul, but it dosen't like the TP2 so much. I've seen mention of one that works, but can't find it now..

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Quirky auto-sleep

Yes i have that same issue, where the screen would dim but never shut off, however, ive only noticed that when it was searching for service. Like i would check the time and then just set my phone down and it would dim the screen but never shut off. so i looked at the dimmed screen and noticed that i had no service. i have never noticed it do that before while having service, so i think that is why. im not sure if you have service when it does it.

And for a task manager, i recomend ArkSwitch, you place an invisible bar in the notifications area at the top of the screen, then you click that invisible bar which brings up a window with all the running programs, so from there you can close a program or switch the program. Best one ive seen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2