PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2
Carrier: Telus

SpyMaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Telus leather case damages HTC Pro2 phone, Telus refuses to take responsibility

I'm just writing to let you guys know about my experience. I brought a Telus HTC Touch Pro2 phone on a 3 year contract less than a month ago.

The same day I received the phone, I brought a Telus branded Leather case specifically for this phone from the Telus store.

Less than 2 weeks later, with very light usage of the phone... I noticed a large black smudge on the side of the battery door (just below the volume buttons).

Considering I only had the phone 2 weeks and hardly used it, I was surprised how this happened.

Apparently the Leather Case I specifically brought to protect the phone from scratches, etc was to blame. Inside the padded case, is a black 'Made in China' tag (like you would find on the collar of a T-Shirt). You wouldn' t know it was there unless you specifically looked for it

I have since cut the tag out. However the black smudge it left behind is permanent and won't go away.

I spoke to Telus about the problem and I asked for a replacement battery door. They asked me to bring the phone to a Telus store service center to confirm it was caused by the leather case. Since reviewing it, they have refused to accept responsibility, claiming warranty does not cover physical damage and they take no responsibility for the defective accessories they sold me.

I am quite annoyed by the whole experience, you would think that a product designed to protect the phone, wouldn't be responsible for causing damage.

I am wondering, has anyone else experienced this problem with their Leather Case in Canada and if you have contacted Telus?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Telus leather case damages HTC Pro2 phone, Telus refuses to take responsibility

I wondered what that spot was on the side of my phone....yeah, I have the same case and the same smudge like spot on the side. You can tell them you aren't the only one if you like.

Personally I can live with it. I tend to use my phones to their full potential, at work and play, so for me a smudge like that blends in with all the other sh*t that happens along the way.

[EDIT] BTW....good catch.

Dave

Last edited by Paragon; 10-14-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Telus leather case damages HTC Pro2 phone, Telus refuses to take responsibility

Im sure if you look hard enough for some dead pixels, camera on or off, youll find them. I actually had 2 stores power up a total of 9 units, all of them had dead pixels. You can just return the phone for that reason...Im on number 4, but hey, I keep getting a new screen protector, new scratchless phone, every 2 or 3 weeks. lol
Old 10-14-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DESIRE HD

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I bought a K-KO (or something like that) leather case from TELUS and I had no issue with it.

I'm replacing it for a Ebay leather case though because the K-KO's leather is so thick that it mutes the ringtone speaker

I've ordered this one :
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Leather-Case-Belt...item518d5144d6

I'll let you know if it worth it...
Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pbeaul is keeping up the good workpbeaul is keeping up the good work

Hmmm... I have the same phone/case as you and to my surprise I too have a blemish on the side of the phone. I didn't notice it till now but there's definitely a smudge/discoloration on the battery door.

Mine is fairly minor... and I doubt I'll do anything about it but I'm seeing the same thing as you.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete

I didn't realize the source of it but I have exactly the same case and I have exactly the same mark, I have since switched backs and cases so I will not be taking it to Telus as it seems from your result to be a waste of time.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

i bought this one because it looks strikingly similar to the one i had for my TP which was the best case i ever had... hopefully this one will live up to the last
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Lurker

ariesq is a n00b

I did not purchase the Telus leather case. However, I did manage to get a credit for a replacement battery door from Telus.

I called Telus (611) and told the CSR that my battery door was bulging out on the sides and it started clicking whenever I typed. I told her I did not want to send it in for repairs/swap. She offered to credit the full purchase price of a battery replacement door ($19.99 + tax). The credit was instantly uploaded to my account.

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/h...atteries.shtml

I called in for my friend and had no problems getting the credit for him as well.

Note: If the CSR does not mention anything about the replacement door, just straight up ask for the credit. Also, they may put a note in your account and ask you to go buy the replacement door than call back in. As they can't ask for proof of purchase, just call back in a few hours later, and they will credit your account.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Lurker

balla786 is a n00b

Just wanted to add my own experience, I've been using a Telus branded leather case with a magnetic clip that closes the top so the phone doesn't slide out. Anyways, after a few months, maybe 3, I've started to notice where the magnet hits the case - the screen when viewing on white I'm starting to see a faint black smudge? I didn't think it's possible for the magnet to do that to these TFT screens? Maybe it's in my head, but I can see an outline of a circle where the magnet is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
case, damage, pro2, smudge, telus