PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

ttlycnfuzd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera tweaks cabbed up for you!!!!

I like the ideas that you had.... my only question is this; You have some redirects and protocols in the new .ini file that pertain specifically to Sprint. Is there any issues for those ppl not on a sprint device. (or has anyone noticed anything odd?)

I have already done most of the mods that I need, so not all of them are things that I need, but just a question none-the-less.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttlycnfuzd View Post
I like the ideas that you had.... my only question is this; You have some redirects and protocols in the new .ini file that pertain specifically to Sprint. Is there any issues for those ppl not on a sprint device. (or has anyone noticed anything odd?)

I have already done most of the mods that I need, so not all of them are things that I need, but just a question none-the-less.
Those redirects you see are for Sprint Music Store and also the Sprint/Handmark default homepage for the Touch Pro 2. Shouldnt matter.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nice cab for opera 9.5.... on 9.7 it makes the settings tabs really small, the display etc........

but ya did say it was untested, but on 9.5 it works great..

thanks hit
Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Do you know how to fix the default search to go to full google instead of the mobile google?

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

bstan is becoming a great contributor

This is great, thanks for putting this together
Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

I still see mobile websites on alot of sites...
Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Almost a VIP

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
I'm willing to bet that your problem is along the same lines as mine. When you search it goes through the mobile version of google which always shows a mobile version of sites, it's VERY annoying and doesn't even work half the time. This is not the OP's fault at all, but I'm hoping he has a way to fix this last nagging issue. If not the tweaks are still well worth it so be sure to thank him.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Do you know how to fix the default search to go to full google instead of the mobile google?
Im not sure what you mean by default search. If you go to www.google.com it should show you the full google homepage, not mobile. Make sure Mobile view is not checked under display settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
Make sure Mobile view is not checked under display settings.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Almost a VIP

I was referring to the built-in search feature. When you type in something in either the search bar on TF3D or the search box under the url bar in Opera it goes to the mobile version of google. This wouldn't be that big a deal, but it also reformats all the sites that you try to access from the links. I'm just trying to find a way to make the built-in search use the full google site instead of the mobile one. I hope that makes sense.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Here are some of the tweaks that will be installed:

-Zoom Slider Maximum=600
- Minimum Overview Zoom=85 (allows you to click on links without zooming in first)
-Raised Cache to 10000
-Maximum allowed tabs=9
-Various speed tweaks including turbo mode.
-Full desktop browsing enabled (Will go to full webpages rather than mobile pages.

-Please give me some feedback/ or other suggestions on how this works for you.
Aside from what you have listed above, I'd appreciate it if you can list all the changes. It would be even better, like really cool, if you can include a brief explaination on some of the entries. Maximum allowed tabs is self explainatory, but what is Minimum Overview Zoom?

I have already made other changes via Opera:Config, and would like to make the tweaks manually...

Thank you.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
config, hacks, opera, speed, tweaks