PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera tweaks cabbed up for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Here are some of the tweaks that will be installed:

-Zoom Slider Maximum=600
- Minimum Overview Zoom=85 (allows you to click on links without zooming in first)
-Raised Cache to 10000
-Maximum allowed tabs=9
-Various speed tweaks including turbo mode.
-Full desktop browsing enabled (Will go to full webpages rather than mobile pages.

-Please give me some feedback/ or other suggestions on how this works for you.
I'd appreciate it if you can list all of the tweaks you made. I already made some changes to my config via Opera:Config and would like to make the tweaks manually.

It would even be better, like, really cool if you can include a brief explaination to some of the items, such as Minimum Overview Zoom: What is the net effect aside from being able to select a link without zooming?

Thanks a lot.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

Old 10-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Here are some of the tweaks that will be installed:

-Zoom Slider Maximum=600
- Minimum Overview Zoom=85 (allows you to click on links without zooming in first)
-Raised Cache to 10000
-Maximum allowed tabs=9
-Various speed tweaks including turbo mode.
-Full desktop browsing enabled (Will go to full webpages rather than mobile pages.

-Please give me some feedback/ or other suggestions on how this works for you.
I'd appreciate it if you can list all of the tweaks you made. I already made some changes to my config via Opera:Config and would like to make the tweaks manually.

It would even be better, like, really cool if you can include a brief explaination to some of the items, such as Minimum Overview Zoom: What is the net effect aside from being able to select a link without zooming?

Thanks a lot.

Edit: Sorry about the repeated posts. The database problem with the Forum last night made me think that I kept loosing what I wrote...

Last edited by snovvman; 10-15-2009 at 09:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

DanteDrac is just getting started

Hey thanks a lot man these tweaks have made 9.7 useless to me. With these tweaks the stock opera browser is so much faster than 9.7 now, thanks a bunch.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

I'd be interested in the detail explanations that snovvman requested, including where the specific tweak was made to implement it (for example, an opera:config switch, registry edit, etc.).

I'd like to try out some, but not necessarily all of your tweaks, and this would help me evaluate them individually.

Many thanks for the work!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I was referring to the built-in search feature. When you type in something in either the search bar on TF3D or the search box under the url bar in Opera it goes to the mobile version of google. This wouldn't be that big a deal, but it also reformats all the sites that you try to access from the links. I'm just trying to find a way to make the built-in search use the full google site instead of the mobile one. I hope that makes sense.
Although it does show listings for mobile sites, if you click the links it should actually bring up the full page rather than the mobile version.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor

thanks for this. loving the tweaks. having to zoom in to click on a link sucked.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I appreciate all of the work you put into this and the fact that you shared it with everyone in an easy to install CAB format. That said, I would also like to see a detailed list of the changes and how you implemented them, so that I can see if this is something that I would like to use as well.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I appreciate all of the work you put into this and the fact that you shared it with everyone in an easy to install CAB format. That said, I would also like to see a detailed list of the changes and how you implemented them, so that I can see if this is something that I would like to use as well.
Ill get back to you on that....
Old 10-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

Some follow-up here:

I manually went into Opera:Config, and changed the number of tabs (5 in my case), and wanted to be able to click a link without zooming, so changed the setting according to the original post in this thread:

Minimum Overview Zoom=85 (allows you to click on links without zooming in first)

I reset my phone, and noticed that the first time I opened Opera afterwards, it took quite a bit longer than usual, as presumably it was updating with the new settings. But once loaded, I wasn't able to click on small links any better than before. And I generally use the stylus for this kind of work, so I was being pretty precise, as well as trying different time and hardness of impact, but no joy.

Is there some other setting that needs to be changed to allow this?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Some follow-up here:

I manually went into Opera:Config, and changed the number of tabs (5 in my case), and wanted to be able to click a link without zooming, so changed the setting according to the original post in this thread:

Minimum Overview Zoom=85 (allows you to click on links without zooming in first)

I reset my phone, and noticed that the first time I opened Opera afterwards, it took quite a bit longer than usual, as presumably it was updating with the new settings. But once loaded, I wasn't able to click on small links any better than before. And I generally use the stylus for this kind of work, so I was being pretty precise, as well as trying different time and hardness of impact, but no joy.

Is there some other setting that needs to be changed to allow this?
I believe there are many people having issues with the settings sticking after reset. Go back into Opera:config and check if the setting stuck or is back to normal. Or just install the .cab to rewrite your current config.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
config, hacks, opera, speed, tweaks