PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint touch pro 2 6.5 news

Okay guys lets post here if you know anything about it! Only rumor I've heart so far is by the end of November anyone else got any info? Any links?
Old 10-13-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work
Re: sprint touch pro 2 6.5 news

I consider my self a noob to this site, so I hate to show any angst, but I was glued hourly to this forum waiting for a release date for the TP2. I've decided to just enjoy it and wait as long as it takes for 6.5 to come my way!

My biggest concern is I finally have the phone set up the way I like it, and wonder if 6.5 will require a whole new re-fab process.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPilot View Post
I consider my self a noob to this site, so I hate to show any angst, but I was glued hourly to this forum waiting for a release date for the TP2. I've decided to just enjoy it and wait as long as it takes for 6.5 to come my way!

My biggest concern is I finally have the phone set up the way I like it, and wonder if 6.5 will require a whole new re-fab process.
yup install of 6.5 will require you go reinstall all your programs lol sucks I remember going from 6 to 6.1 and man that was a pain reinstalling stuff like how I wanted it.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

i can't wait for 6.5 release or the unlocked hspl... i've only had my tp2 for a few hours and already i'm sick of 6.1..........
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

twostep is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra
i can't wait for 6.5 release or the unlocked hspl... i've only had my tp2 for a few hours and already i'm sick of 6.1..........
coming from a blackberry pearl, the tp2 is an enormous upgrade. yes, i want to upgrade to 6.5 via hardspl or ROM, but i'll take anything on the tp2 over my old pearl.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro 850

Edanco55 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Edanco55

Hi guys i have a question about the tp2. I hope someone can help me. I am with Sprint and i am under the Free & Clear Family 2000. I have everything for free including the Sprint Unlimited Data Pack. I have a Palm Treo Pro 850. I use the internet. Unlimited text. I even use the phone as a modem. My question is: I want to upgrade my phone to the HTC Pro 2. If i buy the phone, Can i just register the HTC pro 2 online? Would the system make me change my plan? Do i need one of those new everything plan Sprint is making their customer switch to. I did not think so, but i am now so paranoid with all the freaking stuff Sprint is doing. Any help would be appreciate it.

Thank You
Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edanco55 View Post
Hi guys i have a question about the tp2. I hope someone can help me. I am with Sprint and i am under the Free & Clear Family 2000. I have everything for free including the Sprint Unlimited Data Pack. I have a Palm Treo Pro 850. I use the internet. Unlimited text. I even use the phone as a modem. My question is: I want to upgrade my phone to the HTC Pro 2. If i buy the phone, Can i just register the HTC pro 2 online? Would the system make me change my plan? Do i need one of those new everything plan Sprint is making their customer switch to. I did not think so, but i am now so paranoid with all the freaking stuff Sprint is doing. Any help would be appreciate it.

Thank You
as of right now win mobile phones dont require them but I do see that changing if not by year end by mid year of 2010.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

No you do not have to change your plan. Regardless of what Sprint says, as long as you change your ESN online, they have no say in the matter. It's incredibly simple.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPilot View Post

I feel the same. I doubt I'll jump in too early, because if some of the great hacks and software I am using doesn't work, I wouldn't jump in at that point. It's like keeping the old lady you know, vs. trading in for the young hottie that is nuts
Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

I came from an xv6800 and loved that phone. It did everything I wanted it to. I upgrded it to WM 6.5 and switched back to 6.1 because the icons were much too small (I have new contacts now, LOL). I LOVE the TP2 screen and it is a much sexier device. I do miss the extra buttons (I mapped keys to go directly to contacts and email and I can't do that with the TP2). But I won't switch back. If wm6.5 takes it's time coming out for the TP2 then so be it. Someone will export the ROM from the Imagio when the Hard SPL comes available, then we'll be on our way, if not sooner!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2