PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email Sent Items problem

I have 3 seperate email accounts (1) Home Email through my ISP, (2) GMail, (3) Hotmail.

I got this phone on day 1. I set all three email accounts up in less than 5 minutes, and have enjoyed it tremendously. However, I've just noticed that I don't have any sent emails showing in any 3 of my email accounts. I know how to access those folders, but all 3 are empty.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Anyone have a similar issue. My inbox is working flawlessly...I just can't access any emails in the "sent items" folder. One of the downsides of this, is that when I go to a particular contact and move the slider over to the email tab to see our email conversations, nothing I've sent is there...

Please help...

Cosmo
Old 10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Re: Email Sent Items problem

It could be 2 things

If you're sending emails from you phone, you have to go to Menu>Tools>Options click on the message tab on the bottom and check the box 'keep copies of sent items in Sent folder'

As far as syncing sent items from your gmail account (not sure about the rest, but i use gmail and this worked for me) you have to go to Menu>Tools>Manager Folders and check the 'Sent Items' folder so that it will sync those messages at the same time as your inbox. This also works for any labels/filters that you have in Gmail, but the only folder it syncs automatically is the Inbox. I have filters for Facebook and my work from Home Job so I had to select those boxes to get the filtered emails to my phone

hope this helps
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
It could be 2 things

If you're sending emails from you phone, you have to go to Menu>Tools>Options click on the message tab on the bottom and check the box 'keep copies of sent items in Sent folder'

As far as syncing sent items from your gmail account (not sure about the rest, but i use gmail and this worked for me) you have to go to Menu>Tools>Manager Folders and check the 'Sent Items' folder so that it will sync those messages at the same time as your inbox. This also works for any labels/filters that you have in Gmail, but the only folder it syncs automatically is the Inbox. I have filters for Facebook and my work from Home Job so I had to select those boxes to get the filtered emails to my phone

hope this helps
The second option below worked for my gmail account...no dice for my home email account. Odd, but all my accounts had "keep sent items" selected, and gmail didn't work until I managed the folder and checked "sent items."

I wonder if it has anything to do with my ISP being POP3 and not IMAP?

Thoughts?

thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

i use imap for gmail....and i think it's weird too. even the outbox syncs automatically, but sent items you have to check.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

On yahoo, it doesn't show sent emails if you let it set it up for you, as it sets it up as IMAP. To set it up as pop, you have to trick it by entering a non-existant email server, in my case, something like Yahoooooo.com, then correcting that after manually setting it up as POP

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2