PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 05:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: Verizon

jackxlj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
remap hardkeys?

so i have two touch pro 2s,one verizon,one tmobile. The tmobile version has the top button mapped as the power button,and thus can use the end key to lock the device. Id like to remap my sleep button to the power button,and not the end key.is this possible?
Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: remap hardkeys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackxlj View Post
so i have two touch pro 2s,one verizon,one tmobile. The tmobile version has the top button mapped as the power button,and thus can use the end key to lock the device. Id like to remap my sleep button to the power button,and not the end key.is this possible?
There was another thread which was about doint the same thing, I suggested this app, I'm not sure how it all worked out. This tool is a patched keyboard driver with configurator application for keys setup. Any key (yeah, i mean ANY, including Home and Back keys) can be reassigned to perform desired actions. Keys on a QWERTY keyboard are not an exception, they might be remapped too. If any key has an action configured and is defined to be processed by my driver extension, it wouldn't go into the system.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:28 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jackxlj is a n00b

i tried this program,but i cant figure out how to make the end key stop powering down the device so i can use it to lock the device,nor can i figure out how to map the sleep key to restart the device when held,and put the screen to sleep with one click. When i try,i have to restart the device as pressing the end key restarts still,not locks, and the sleep key click sends the screen endlessly on and off until i press it long enough to restart the device. Any idea how i should configure it?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
This may work, may not. It didn't work for me, but I have Sprint. Everything BUT power management worked right with the Rhodium Keyboard control, for me. There are many options though. The program allows you to map a key to start a program shortcut. This may be your solution, with a power management app.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
i tried this program,but i cant figure out how to make the end key stop powering down the device so i can use it to lock the device,nor can i figure out how to map the sleep key to restart the device when held,and put the screen to sleep with one click. When i try,i have to restart the device as pressing the end key restarts still,not locks, and the sleep key click sends the screen endlessly on and off until i press it long enough to restart the device. Any idea how i should configure it?
I know this isn't exactly what yr looking for, but I found 2 apps, "ScreenOn" and "ScreenOff" that will essentially give you screen locking options. The best way to use it is to assign "ScreenOn" to a long press hardkey, assign "ScreenOff" to a softkey or shortcut. More discussion on this here.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
I don't know about the power button but it is easy to map the end key button. go to all settings, personal tab,buttons, end key tab, then select lock device or whatever option you want.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:01 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jackxlj is a n00b

there is no endkey option listed there
Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
there is no endkey option listed there
I have a sprint tp2 and that option is there. here is the screen shot.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

You want to make the power button turn off your device? This should be the default function. If not, try deleting "short_power.lnk" from the \Windows directory.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jackxlj is a n00b

the verizon has no such tab. and the verizon tp2 has a button where the tmobile has one at the top,but it doesnt power the device on and off,simply turns the screen off. i want to remap it so it turns the phone on and off,and the end key locks the phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2