PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 04:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

port55 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New here and to TP2

Hi guys, im new here and im sad to say that i am not too computer savvy.. I just got my touch pro 2 from Sprint and im doing my best to understand all of this. Does Sprint not offer any apps for the TP2 or is it b/c it is new and they arent out yet, or am i just an idiot? I would like to change the theme on my device but the software store says there are none available. I will do my best to go search this website to see what i can find. Does it make a difference if the TP2 is Sprint or Verizon? Thanks for the help and sorry to be so ignorant. Thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 04:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76
Re: New here and to TP2

I don't know how many themes are out for our phones yet, but there is a themes section here in the TP2 section, and there is a themes section in the general ppc info section of the forums. I don't believe they are carrier specific.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The phone currently comes with windows mobile 6.1. Many of us are eagerly waiting for the promised release of windows mobile 6.5 which is dependent on your carrier's speed.

That said I'm Verizon and I know they have a app store sorta like the iphone for windows mobile 6.5 when this upgrade is released. Not sure what Sprint has to offer.

Other than that you find programs(.cab) on here and xda-developers.com to install. Lots of trial and error. Windows mobile phones are very customizable and offer many options other operating systems don't.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:30 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

get anything and everything ya need here at ppcgeeks..... no need for a app store, if it can be done on ya phone, here and these geniuses are the ones...... Ill start by saying read the stickies in the rhodium/tp2 thread, i think theres a customization one, also read the post your tp2 today screen, theres alot of cabs floating in there.... Use the search here, everything ya need is floating around this site........

quick lesson, click the paperclip icon next to the thread name for all the attachments in that thread, good luck, you will learn and you will love it............
Old 10-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

You can find CAB files for a lot of neat applications, most of which are freeware. Just search here and on google and you'll find it. There's an app for almost anything! (Do I sound like a commercial?)

Also, you can install Marketplace for Windows Mobile which is essentially an app store programs that puts free and for pay apps on your phone to select and download. It's actually a very neat little app itself and has a large variety of programs to find.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2