PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help a n00b unlock

So I'm sort of new to this whole "unlocking" thing.

My first WinMo phone was a Samsung Omnia. Long story short, after spending countless hours reading threads here and at Modaco, I ultimately became an expert at flashing the device to custom ROMs created by the chefs. I even learned how to use the ROM kitchen which is 10x harder to use than the kitchen for the TP2. So I felt pretty confident in almost every aspect of the Omnia...

But after moving to this phone, I feel like I'm starting over again. I know nothing about flashing the TP2 or SPL unlocking (this wasn't necessary on the Omnia - I don't even know what SPL even means! Software programming language?) Is it possible to flash back to the stock ROM (again, this was not possible on the Omnia)?

Anyways, I searched this thread over for the answer to this question, but I can't find an answer since the Hard SPL isn't up yet.

Can someone point me to a "unlocking the TP2 for beginners" thread, cuz I can't for the life of me find it?

Last edited by biff6789; 10-12-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice
Re: Help a n00b unlock

There isn't one yet because no one has been able to unlock theirs. When the HardSPL is released then guides will be made.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Makes sense as to why I couldn't find one then...

What about the other stuff I had mentioned? What is Hard SPL? What does it stand for and why is it necessary on this phone and not my other Verizon WinMo phone? Can I flash back to the stock ROM after flashing to a "custom" one?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

troygwin is a n00b

Try this: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...20Questions%3F

It should give you a good bit of reading on what SPL (Second Program Loader) is.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

read the stickies on gsm hard spl, its the same way..... i had a sprint tp1 unlocked and now have a gsm tp2 unlocked, its the same way... nothing different.......
Old 10-13-2009, 04:43 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by troygwin View Post
Try this: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...20Questions%3F

It should give you a good bit of reading on what SPL (Second Program Loader) is.
no offense but that was mumbo jumbo....... The hard spl is just the unlocker, that will allow unsigned roms to be flashed to your phone........

thats it in a nutshell.... hard spl= unlocks phone to be able to flash unsigned versions.......
Old 10-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

And yes, you can flash a stock ROM back onto the phone even if you've previously flashed a custom ROM, provided your carrier has one available to download (most usually do, Sprint and Verion already do)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2