PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjodotcom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera Issues

Just got the Touch Pro 2, loving the screen, keyboard and interface so far...but I am having some issues with the Opera Browser. I noticed if I press end to go back to the home screen when inside the browser, Opera no longer shows up as a running application in the task switcher? However, if I go back to the internet tab and open Opera up, I am right where I left off on a webpage. With any other program, going back to the home screen at least keeps the program I had running in the background and accessible via the task manager in the upper right corner of the screen. Do all TP2's do this, or is mine doing something screwy? Is there any sort of fix out there? Thanks a lot.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Opera Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Just got the Touch Pro 2, loving the screen, keyboard and interface so far...but I am having some issues with the Opera Browser. I noticed if I press end to go back to the home screen when inside the browser, Opera no longer shows up as a running application in the task switcher? However, if I go back to the internet tab and open Opera up, I am right where I left off on a webpage. With any other program, going back to the home screen at least keeps the program I had running in the background and accessible via the task manager in the upper right corner of the screen. Do all TP2's do this, or is mine doing something screwy? Is there any sort of fix out there? Thanks a lot.
Its done that way by design, opera is always running in the background, thats why when you open it up it pops up right away. Even after a soft reset it loads in no time at all. The down side to this though is that you loose about 15-20 meg of system ram. There are tweaks available, when used it will stop opera from running in the background which gives you more ram but when you do need to use opera it takes about 5 seconds to load versus just opening right up.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try this...using a registry editor go to HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System & delete Opera9.exe
Soft reset & it will now show up in task manager... Even if you exit out of Opera it WILL STILL be running in the background, to completely stop it u will need to install the No Push Internet cab floating around

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 10-12-2009 at 02:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the quick response. On the TP1 I noticed if you went back to the home screen, Opera would still at least be shown as a running program in the task manager (so I could click on the upper right corner of the screen, then select Opera, and be back to surfing again) but on the TP2 Opera does not show up in the task manager at all when leaving the application like other ones do (Google Maps, Outlook, etc). I was wondering if this is the way all TP2's are or not, and if there is a fix out there.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Actually Opera is always running. It never closes without a reg edit. Not sure why HTC set it up this way.

This thread will explain.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=46
Old 10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Try this...using a registry editor go to HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System & delete Opera9.exe
Soft reset & it will now show up in task manager... Even if you exit out of Opera it WILL STILL be running in the background, to completely stop it u will need to install the No Push Internet cab floating around
This worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluruld View Post
Actually Opera is always running. It never closes without a reg edit. Not sure why HTC set it up this way.

This thread will explain.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=46
Nice info there, for some reason I wasn't having luck with searches. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here is the link to the cab to completely kill Opera... You will no longer have Push Internet however

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2