PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 03:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

physicsguy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Wireless Sync

I use the Wireless Sync software to sync my office email to my Touch Pro 2 because we are not allowed remote access to our exchange server. I have no problem with the emails being delivered to my phone but the outlook email that wireless sync set up does not appear in TouchFlo. Is there any way to add it to TouchFlo so it appears on the email tab like my Gmail and Yahoo accounts do?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Verizon Wireless Sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsguy View Post
I use the Wireless Sync software to sync my office email to my Touch Pro 2 because we are not allowed remote access to our exchange server. I have no problem with the emails being delivered to my phone but the outlook email that wireless sync set up does not appear in TouchFlo. Is there any way to add it to TouchFlo so it appears on the email tab like my Gmail and Yahoo accounts do?
Hmm. I think the problem is that you aren't using the pocket outlook messaging and that's what TF3D is tied to. Instead your e-mail comes in via a different app right? (never used the VZW sync) You could setup some kind of e-mail forwarding to send your work emails to gmail or hotmail, but that doesn't help you on the replies. Good luck. Out of curiosity why don't they allow activesync on exchange? Another route you could maybe consider is a VPN client for WinMo that puts your device inside the internal network thereby allowing internal access.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

If you go to the standard Windows Mobile messaging screen the email that comes through via wireless sync goes into Outlook E-mail. It creates an Outlook E-mail account but it doesn't create a link to it in TouchFlo.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800

cccoltsicehockey is just getting started

This sounds really stupid but it works. Hook your phone up to your computer using active sync and tell it to sync the email with Outlook. This actually works best if you don't even use outlook for email on the computer you are doing this with. Once you have had it sync the mail will then show up on the TF3D tab inbox. I know it sounds strange but it actually works. I had this issue with my touch pro as well and found this posted on a forum at one point and works like a charm.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:34 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thank you so much. That worked perfectly. It is so much easier to get to those messages now.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

thanks, worked for me too!!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

uncbearfan is a n00b

Can I ask what data plan you guys have? I had wireless sync activated a few years ago with my treo. When I went to the wireless sync website to reactivate for my tp2 it said my number had been flagged as inactive. I called Verizon to activate my signon info and they told me that I couldn't use wireless sync on the $29 unlimited plan, but had to upgrade to the $44 business data plan?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i770 tp2
Carrier: verizon

BeanAnimal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsguy View Post
If you are not allowed remote access to the exchange server, why in the world would your employer allow a 3rd party software product to FORWARD that same data offsite through a 3rd party portal?

A) you are either breaking company policy with your setup
-or-
B) your IT folks have no idea what they are doing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2