PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Arcsoft Question...

I installed the new Sprint Arcsoft MMS on my phone... works great, but the pictures and videos received always come up small, had this problem with TP1 but never really looked into it, now it actually bothers me with the bigger screen. Everyone else have this? I have the settings as Original Size, then tried the other sizes but still small... anyone have ideas?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Arcsoft Question...

Why did you install Arcsoft? It comes with the Sprint version already.....
Old 10-10-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

rn4emp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rn4emp

I have that same problem with pics and I didn't install anything. Using the one that came with the Sprint phone. Also I don't get animationed MMS neither
Old 10-10-2009, 03:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Why did you install Arcsoft? It comes with the Sprint version already.....
I was wondering this myself....
Old 10-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeman View Post
I installed the new Sprint Arcsoft MMS on my phone... works great, but the pictures and videos received always come up small, had this problem with TP1 but never really looked into it, now it actually bothers me with the bigger screen. Everyone else have this? I have the settings as Original Size, then tried the other sizes but still small... anyone have ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rn4emp View Post
I have that same problem with pics and I didn't install anything. Using the one that came with the Sprint phone. Also I don't get animationed MMS neither
I am totally making an educated guess on this one being that I am no expert but I could only assume that it has something to do with the actual resolution of the pic or video that was received. Most cell phones aren't vga much less wvga so if someone takes a pic on a cell phone it usually gets shrunk down to a smaller size when its getting sent to another phone versus keeping the original size so when you receive it, it ends up being smaller which is now exaggerated further buy the 800 by 480 screen of the tp2.

Last edited by themuffinman; 10-10-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I am totally making an educated guess on this one being that I am no expert but I could only assume that it has something to do with the actual resolution of the pic or video that was received. Most cell phones aren't vga much less wvga so if someone takes a pic on a cell phone it usually gets shrunk down to a smaller size when its getting sent to another phone versus keeping the original size so when you receive it, it ends up being smaller which is now exaggerated further buy the 800 by 480 screen of the tp2.
pictures and videos come up most of the time at their original sizes for me. the only thing that ever really shows up small for me are gifs.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

rn4emp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rn4emp

Yeah I see that I get a lot of gifs. Thanks for ya answers
Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I installed arcsoft for the reason it plays animated gifs which Sprint does not.....
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

To see the pics bigger you have to actually download the pic to the phone then you can see the original size of the pic. If you view them thru the received message only it will be small and not the right size. So when you recieve the pic select the option to download to phone then it will be the original size.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
To see the pics bigger you have to actually download the pic to the phone then you can see the original size of the pic. If you view them thru the received message only it will be small and not the right size. So when you recieve the pic select the option to download to phone then it will be the original size.
Thank you.... for the tip.. have you gotten the stock version to play animated gifs?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2