PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint now replacing Touch Pro w/ Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89678)

sprintmogulfan 10-09-2009 11:48 AM

Sprint now replacing Touch Pro w/ Touch Pro 2!

Just thought I would let everyone know that I took my Touch Pro in for an insurance replacement due to problems. I was told that Sprint is trying to eliminate the Atouch Pro because of the high failure rate. For this reason they are not giving out refurbed Touch Pros anymore....but instead are upgrading people to the Touch Pro 2 instead. My new Touch Pro 2 will be available for pickup tomorrow :)

slopokdave 10-09-2009 11:56 AM

Re: Sprint now replacing Touch Pro w/ Touch Pro 2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintmogulfan (Post 1225079)
Just thought I would let everyone know that I took my Touch Pro in for an insurance replacement due to problems. I was told that Sprint is trying to eliminate the Atouch Pro because of the high failure rate. For this reason they are not giving out refurbed Touch Pros anymore....but instead are upgrading people to the Touch Pro 2 instead. My new Touch Pro 2 will be available for pickup tomorrow :)

Since when do you take your phone into a sprint store for insurance replacement?

appzattak 10-09-2009 12:04 PM

It not insurance replacement, it is if something is wrong with it. The tech is then able to give/order you a new phone and the new one is NOT to be another TP.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577243

Striker347 10-09-2009 12:04 PM

Actually when I was going through my last round of issues with the Touch Pro, I tried to call in and get it replaced and was directed back to a corporate store location to verify the failures before they replaced it under the insurance.

Short story is a lot of people were claiming to have issues on the phone to "upgrade" and then when the phone was received there was no fault.....

phat78boy 10-09-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 1225091)
Since when do you take your phone into a sprint store for insurance replacement?

You pay insurance for lost/damage and also for break/fix. Break/fix are done in the store and if they can't fix it, they give you another phone. Its part of the all-inclusive insurance package if you have it.

touch_rules 10-09-2009 12:12 PM

Awesome! I will now attempt to replace my wife's tp with a tp2.

popasmurfn25 10-09-2009 12:27 PM

if you have a problem with the phone that only pops up once in a while will the repair guy still trade you out?and if the repair guy misses it because the phone just chooses not to act up for him will he still consider your phone defictive? Because mine only happens whenever it want to, my TF3d will relaunch itself after standby,
since i upgraded to newer rom i now have to htc dialer up at the same time when im making calls even if i hard reset it still fks up. I also get that error send to microsoft or dont send screen sometimes....

if the repair guy can only see lets say one out of those three problems will i still be able to make the trade?

obamaftw08 10-09-2009 12:31 PM

gonna try today and see what happens. I'm on my 5th TP during the last 8 months.

rafyrod 10-09-2009 01:03 PM

no way!

so you guys are getting it brand new in the box or refurbished?

AZTECHKA 10-09-2009 01:07 PM

I will try this next week and update you guys.
I gave my wife my (old) new/refurb (replaced by Sprit due to unfixable problem) TP when I used HER upgrade to get MY TP2 :twisted: