PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:41 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down FM transmitter activates voice command (annoying!)

Problem when connected to FM transmitter

I will try to keep this short and to the point. However this is my biggest glitch with my TP2 so far and I've put it through its' paces already.

I am temporarily using a vehicle that has me using my old FM transmitter. Not the preferred audio hookup, I know. I have a direct connect to the stereo in my car.

With the FM transmitter plugged into the TP2, it detects it fine as a headset and plays the audio through it. However, it keeps repeatedly activating the voice command and hearing the music its' playing and responding with random calls to voicemail and various contacts in my list. Very annoying and essentially unusable.

In my opinion, that's pretty unacceptable. People have been using FM transmitters as alternate means of connections for years, with many types of handheld devices. What's up with that?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone else have an FM transmitter that they don't use, but could try and see what results they have?

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff
Re: FM transmitter activates voice command (annoying!)

I will look into it tomorrow. I connect to my car through BT usually. If you do not use the VC, you can always disable it through settings

Last edited by SolApathy; 10-08-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:07 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: FM transmitter activates voice command (annoying!)

Yeah, I'm aware of being able to disable it. Thanks though. I appreciate you looking into it also. I usually use a different car, with a different stereo and also have a bluetooth headset. My car is in the shop and am stuck with the FM transmitter temporarily. After I get my car back, I probably will never use the transmitter on my TP2 again.

However, I'm still curious as to why the issue and if it's just my phone that has the problem? There may also be other people that may want or need to use an FM transmitter someday on theirs and should be able to without issues like this. I guess turning off voice command is a nice way of avoiding it, but should it be necessary?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2