PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard for Camera... return TP2 for Imagio or Omnia II?

first let me say that I do LIKE my TP2, but there are a couple annoyances and I am considering returning or exchaning it before my 30 days is up.

Gripe #1: the camera is dissapointing, the added option for ISO settings does not make up for the lack of a flash, but worse is that overall picture quality just seems poor to me. CNET already reviewed an Imagio and said the picture quality is nice (TP2 camera got a horrible review on same site), and I expect the Omnia II camera to be pretty nice as well, and it DOES have a dual LED flash.

Gripe #2: dunno if I have a defective unit, but my keyboard makes a lot of noise, like crinkling celophane or something, when certain keys are pressed or moved even. I do like the keyboard, but I have been using the onscreen one and its not so bad either (slower, admittedly).

Of course, I also have the option of having Verizon send me a new TP2 to at least *hopefully* resolve the keyboard issue. Anyways, I just wanted some oppinions on if any of you feel a better camera would be worth ditching the keyboard. In the case of the Omnia, please also consider some other benefits and drawbacks, such as faster processor, 8gb storage built in, less RAM and possibly no ROM upgrades or not nearly as much as an HTC....

what do you guys think?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Keyboard for Camera... return TP2 for Imagio or Omnia II?

Well personally its the internal memory that gets me. If its only 8 GB (don't know) then my 16GB card with all my movies and music and files on it, beats that. For me its about the memory and how much space you have to play with before it slows down the device. But other than that its on you, how much is the KB worth compared to the camera. One thing I have to admit is I didn't buy the phone because of the camera. I don't take that many pics with my phone. If you are under your 30 days then shoot, try it out and if you don't like it go back to the TP2.....
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

I would take the TP2 over them for sure because of the keyboard. I dont use the camera much on the phone honestly and you can get a pretty decent camera cheap nowadays, considering these things the keyboard is something you use constantly on the phone and its physical keyboard is the best ive used on ANY mobile device without a doubt
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

stick a piece of yellow sticky notepad under the battery by the sim card and there ya go. camera? get a real camera. the camera on the tp doesnt bother me. to me it takes awesome pictures.

if you could go without a hardware keyboard then get rid of the tp2
me i cant. so im getting a tp2 and not even gonna think about the diamond2
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the noise in my keyboard isnt the creaking from the battery cover and the space bar, this is my Enter key, 3 key, and 0 key. Makes a crinkling noise like celophane. Very annoying.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Lets put it this way. I NEVER use the keyboard on my TP2. Infact, I didn't use it on the TP1 OR Mogul either. If the Imagio had came out for Sprint, I would have gotten that instead. The only reason I did get the TP1 instead of the Diamond at first was because of the LED flash and MicroSD card slot, and the only reason I got the TP2 is because of the much improved battery life and giant screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2