PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Carrier: Sprint

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bad static from ear piece

This reminds me of my old touch pro1 when it first came out I had same issue. When on phone with someone I would hear bad static and sounds like blown speaker. My manufactures date is 8/14/2009.

I called sprint they want me to take it local sprint repair and see if they can fix it. I told them I don't have time now I'm stuck with this problem.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: kizer8
Carrier: Verizon

kizer8 is a n00b
Re: Bad static from ear piece

Me too, but I'm not sure how to fix.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

krazyfiend is a n00b

Same thing here...certain tones during voice calls, even with the volume down to the lowest level. It's a common tone in speech too...as I am testing it frequently w/ CS *2 and listening to the prompt, praying that the reverbaration / buzz goes away..but I dont think it will..crap.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

There is an old trick you can try.

After I hard Reset pair it at the longest distance that it will pair OR in the noisest environment (like in you car).

It will hunt for the first working channel. If you put it in marginal conditions it will skip the marginal channel.

You can clear out the registry so it will start fresh without a hard reset but I forget how.

If you don't clear it, it will attempt with the same channel if you try to re-pair it.

YMMV.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

krazyfiend is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
There is an old trick you can try.

After I hard Reset pair it at the longest distance that it will pair OR in the noisest environment (like in you car).

It will hunt for the first working channel. If you put it in marginal conditions it will skip the marginal channel.

You can clear out the registry so it will start fresh without a hard reset but I forget how.

If you don't clear it, it will attempt with the same channel if you try to re-pair it.

YMMV.

thx, but we are speaking of the earpiece built into the phone itself...

this thread sounds like its the same exact issue...

http://www.htcwiki.com/thread/329179...Touch+pro+2%3F

or

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82751

or

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=209

I went back to the sprint store (repair auth) that I picked up the TP2 refurb from last night ..they couldn't hear the issue..well of course, loud store..music piping in..hardly a 'controlled' environment ... my old moto flip phone when dialing star *2 ...no speaker loose sound/mosquito like buzzing on the end of words being pronounced to me... TP2 , clearly evident, even on the lowest level of the speaker setting.

Im not sure where to go with this... I felt like an idiot sitting there, 'do you hear it?' and explaining that I'm on my phone all day and this was a deal breaker..each time they'd listen they were like , 'sir ..we're here to help and make you satisfied, but we can't hear any of what you're reporting.' ...where id refute that this phone is awesome, but in comparison to my flaking out 3rd TP1 ..the audio quality (listening through earpiece on the set) is crap and almost like a broken robot.

My thoughts are to sell the phone off and use the backup moto flip phone...then grab the next HTC android with a keyboard (yeah, i know ...samsung...but Id like a snapdragon enabled android device)

Cash in Asurion for 100$ sometime next month...try my luck and see if I can roll a hard 'no dead pixels' or 'earpiece distortion' issues

or just be incessantly annoyed and see if workplace violence will be an end result from me hearing the issue every time I speak to someone... (speakerphone is AMAZING...i might be THAT guy from now on..and let everyone just listen to my goings on lol)

Last edited by krazyfiend; 12-22-2009 at 06:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2