PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

drurc8 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can someone tell the difference between Sprint TP2 and Verizon TP2?

I have heard that Verizon TP2 SIM can be unlocked with 8 digit numbers provided by Verizon carrier and many Verizon TP2 users tried ATT or TMobile sim, and it works fine with voice call, right? Can you tell me whether Verizon TP2 uses 64K or 128K sim? Is Verizon TP2 sim card the same size as Sprint sim that comes with Sprint TP2? I heard that all US GSM carriers such as ATT and/or Tmobile use only 64K sim, am I correct? That's why Sprint TP2 is not compatible with US GSM sim. I thought Verizon TP2 is the same phone as Sprint TP2 so sim that comes with Verizon TP2 should be the same as Sprint TP2 sim, right? Sprint TP2 sim comes unlock ready and it won't work with US GSM sim, it only works outside the US and you need to pick up 128K sim at local store of your country destination. Therefore, I think Verizon TP2 is better than Sprint TP2 because Verizon customers claimed that their TP2 works with US GSM sim such as ATT and/or Tmobile.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Can someone tell the difference between Sprint TP2 and Verizon TP2?

People will say the verizon is better cause people hate the battery cover on the sprint model but i careless i like it.I seen the t mobile and i like the sprint better then it.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I am talking about the benefit of phone that we should be able to use both US GSM sim and international carrier's sim. If Verizon TP2 can use both domestic and international sim, then Verizon TP2 is better than Sprint TP2 in term of ability to use both domestic and international sim cards.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drurc8 View Post
I am talking about the benefit of phone that we should be able to use both US GSM sim and international carrier's sim. If Verizon TP2 can use both domestic and international sim, then Verizon TP2 is better than Sprint TP2 in term of ability to use both domestic and international sim cards.
from what I've heard, please correct this post if im incorrect, but somehow sprint has put some type of firmware so if the phone is sim unlocked it will not work with US carriers via sim, verizon supposedly did not take the same course of actions, theoretically if a rom is put on the phone, that firmware would be gone.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Do you mean when we are able to unlock the phone with HARD SPL, then we might be able to use other US carrier's sim?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

in the strickest sence verizons verison (500) being able to use u.s and over seas sim vs sprint tp2 (400) makes it better! but most of the things people end up fixing or make work on there phone they dont even use ! for me its the trill of getting it to work and knowing that it work knowing they(carriers) said it wouldnt! i dont plan on ever using my gsm side of my device but i still want the option to use it if need be! but that wasnt going to be a deal braker for me!! only thang that would have stopped me was if it was gimped(like verizons tp) or bad design (like verizon touch 6900)

Old 10-07-2009, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 6.5.5/Android 2.0.1
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ludacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15650/756; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

he is saying that once you type in the SIM unlock code provided from vzw on your device you will be able to use a domestic sim card and use a gsm carrier in the states. you dont need hardspl for that. I unlocked my blackberry storm 9530 by calling vzw and they gave me the unlock code and it worked. i was able to borrow a sim from someone on at&t and someone from T-mobile and it worked. the same thing should happen to a vzw tp2, but shouldnt happen to the sprint tp2.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

So, your vzw Blackberry storm 9530 sim has the same size as ATT or Tmobile sim, right? Sprint TP2 can only use with 128K sim, that"s what I was told by Sprint International Service.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro, xv6800,xv6700
Carrier: vzw

ocbones is a n00b

Has anyone noticed that the sprints touch pro and touch pro 2's LCD screen always looks sharper and more vibrant? it's true. try flashing the same rom and put them next to each other im not sure if VZW is using a different lcd or lower amps to power the backlit to save battery, but it's not the same.

correct me if i am wrong please.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 6.5.5/Android 2.0.1
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ludacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drurc8 View Post
So, your vzw Blackberry storm 9530 sim has the same size as ATT or Tmobile sim, right? Sprint TP2 can only use with 128K sim, that"s what I was told by Sprint International Service.
That is right about the vzw Storm sim, it appears to be the same size as the att and tmobile physically they are the same.
In the attached picture i have my storm and tp2 sim side by side.
the tp2 reads the storm sim just fine and gives me all the right information about it even though it has less copper pads on it.
I dont know sim cards all that well but it would seem to me that these are different but the vzw tp2 reads both just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0002.jpg (449.6 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2