PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Align Screen - Response from HTC

Hello

I was able to find the button combination for the screen alignment on the Touch Pro 2.

To access the screen align mode on the Touch Pro 2 you press volume up and volume down at the same time then while those are still pressed tap the screen. This will bring up the alignment screen.

Jeffery, I hope this is the information you were looking for. Please feel free to contact us with any future inquiries or concerns.

HTC Technical Support Team
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

headshokfatty is just getting started
Re: Align Screen - Response from HTC

BAH that feature is WORTHLESS!!! Why would they assign that function?

Did they give any indication on how to switch it off? or remap it to something more useful like I donno, to do nothing?

BTW good find. Can you reply to your contact and ask if its possible to disable?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshokfatty View Post
Did they give any indication on how to switch it off? or remap it to something more useful like I donno, to do nothing?

What the heck are you talking about??

~John
Old 10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
What the heck are you talking about??

~John
Yeah that makes no sense lol.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Considering you can access it through Settings-->Screen--->Align screen I am a bit confused as to why someone was looking for a specific key combo to access it. Thanks for the info, though.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

It always pops up on me when trying to turn the volume up or down while in a call... I was wondering what caused it to happen... Thinking I was going crazy as to why it only happens while I am on a call. Pull the phone away from face 2 find out I need to align the screen.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234

Ahh... That makes sense as to why you were trying to find out why it was happening. Wierd they made that feature like others said you can access the feature from within settings.. LOL

- ReDz

PPC History >> Axim X5, Axim X3, Axim X3i, PPC6700, HTC Titan, HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ya htis kept happenign to me by accident too, thanks for figuring that out
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

It is useful to have a hard key function for this, and I think they've done it out of necessity. Let me explain:

With the TP2, screen alignment settings are saved in such a way that the five points are read into Bootloader and are then passed to the OS on start-up. If you do a hard-reset you will notice that you will not have to re-align your screen, as it simply takes the previous values.
Now, with that information, imagine someone aligned your screen incorrectly in such a way that it was impossible to get to the correct menu. (there is actually space outside the visible screen area that is touchable and it can screw everything up) Therefore having a hardware key to allow someone to re-align their screen becomes necessary.

I hope I've explained it well, and although you may not like their key choice, too bad .
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875

twostep is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
It is useful to have a hard key function for this, and I think they've done it out of necessity. Let me explain:

With the TP2, screen alignment settings are saved in such a way that the five points are read into Bootloader and are then passed to the OS on start-up. If you do a hard-reset you will notice that you will not have to re-align your screen, as it simply takes the previous values.
Now, with that information, imagine someone aligned your screen incorrectly in such a way that it was impossible to get to the correct menu. (there is actually space outside the visible screen area that is touchable and it can screw everything up) Therefore having a hardware key to allow someone to re-align their screen becomes necessary.

I hope I've explained it well, and although you may not like their key choice, too bad .
knowing some friends i've had in the past, and how they've tweaked settings on my computer/phone... i can totally see how this would be useful now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2