PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not sure if this is a local issue but stays in 1x after text is received.

For some reason when im tethered or using the web directly on my phone...the instant i get a text message it switches to 1x...then just stays there...normally it would switch to 1x then immediately back to ev on my touch pro...but for some reason on my tp2 it is an every time occurrence. Anyone else having this issue?

Old 10-05-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G!!!

mikldom is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to mikldom Send a message via Skype™ to mikldom
Re: Not sure if this is a local issue but stays in 1x after text is received.

Correct me if I am wrong, but texting uses the older system and will always be on 1x.. kinda like your voice calls.. you can have EV but when you phone rings and you answer it, it goes to 1x. I think my TP2 goes back to EV when I am on a data session tho, I haven't noticed it sitting at 1x until I recoonnect.

There was a big hoopla that companies were charging like 10cents for every text when their systems fully supported it, on the current technology. I think some plans still do.. what a rip off.

Kinda like back in the day with close captioned on analog tv's.. the close captioned was carried on a portion of the original signal that all you needed was the "box" to extract it.

thats my thinking anyways.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

I had a similar problem, but mine only occurs asometimes after a soft reset at start up. All i did to fix it was go over to the comm mgr tab and turn the phone's radio off than after 10 secs turn it back on. Not sure if it'll work for you but try it out.

good luck!!!!!

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
Old 10-05-2009, 03:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

salad is keeping up the good worksalad is keeping up the good work

Happens to me too, but only sometimes, randomly.

I think maybe it's just the icon getting stuck...internet still works normally even though it's showing 1x
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by salad View Post
Happens to me too, but only sometimes, randomly.

I think maybe it's just the icon getting stuck...internet still works normally even though it's showing 1x
no my internet speed drops considerably when it gets stuck in 1x...
Old 10-05-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

NotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to NotATreoFan

Check over here. It's a larger issue. Technically, it's a VZW thread, but since it's the same phone, this may confirm a hardware issue as opposed to radio software.

TP2 CDMA ROMs: WM 6.5
TP GSM ROMs: WM 6.1 / WM6.5

Moderator at XDA-Developers

never required, but always appreciated.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

yeah i looked thru that thread and a simple solution suggest a soft reset but quite frankly for a phone that costs over 600 clams...I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!!! I know texts and voice calls go thru 1x and thats not my problem...the problem is it stays in 1x after a text message...or just randomly goes into 1x while being tethered or random web surfing. I can cay with certainty that it is not an issue within my house as i was in vegas all last week and experienced the same problem just checking fantasy stats...etc...vegas is wimax and has an awesome 3g network with speeds up in the 3.2mb range when testing...There must be something wrong with the device.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Whats your signal like and SNR?

if you have less then 2 "bars" its not uncommon for it to bounce and depending on where you are and whats around you it can hang in 1X i get this with my metal roof at home all the time.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Yeah the other thread is mostly VZW users but a few Sprint people said they were having the same issue AND when they weren't roaming on VZW.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
yeah i looked thru that thread and a simple solution suggest a soft reset but quite frankly for a phone that costs over 600 clams...I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!!! I know texts and voice calls go thru 1x and thats not my problem...the problem is it stays in 1x after a text message...or just randomly goes into 1x while being tethered or random web surfing. I can cay with certainty that it is not an issue within my house as i was in vegas all last week and experienced the same problem just checking fantasy stats...etc...vegas is wimax and has an awesome 3g network with speeds up in the 3.2mb range when testing...There must be something wrong with the device.
Yeah we're pretty confident it's a device issue.

We just don't know if it's radio hardware or radio firmware issue.

Since you obviously have different firmware, we may have a hardware flaw with the radio itself. It seems that only a few Sprint users are having this problem while more than 50% (at least on PPCG) VZW users are having this problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2