PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

nysnobdrx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question TP2 WMDC won't sync with oulook

WMDC 6.1 recognizes my TP2 and I can move files around with file manager. In fact WMDC says connected. The problem is when I go to set up your device so I can sync with outlook I get a pop up that states "There is a problem with your connection. Please disconnect and reconnect your device and try again" I've turned off all AV and firewalls, reinstalled WMDC. cked drivers to no avail. I'm using Vista 64bit. Any help?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TP2 WMDC won't sync with oulook

have you gone into Start>Settings>All Settings(tab)>Connections (TAB)>USB to PC and uncheck Enable faster Data Sync? That may help you. The other thing you can try is if you setup a connection with WMDC then END the PARTNERSHIP and start over again. Hope this helps a lil
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nysnobdrx is a n00b

Yes the enable faster data sync is unchecked. How do I end the partnership?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You have to open WMDC on your pc. There you can END PARTNERSHIPS just hover above the MOBILE DEVICE SETTINGS, it should then open up with options like end partnership and connection settings. That is where you can end the partnership
Old 10-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nysnobdrx is a n00b

Under WMDC I have 2 options: 1. Set up your device (which is where I get the connect-reconnect pop up) 2. Connect without setting up your device.
Hovering the cursor does nothing. I click the connect without setting up your device I get: 1. Programs & services, 2. Pics, music, video 3. File mgmt 4. Device settings. hovering over/around does nothing. If I click on device settings i get set-up your device and connection settings. Connection settings brings up a box with "Device connected" and these options which all are check: allow usb, allow conn with bluetooth, this comp is connected to: auto, allow automatic device and allow data conn on device when con to PC.
Thats it, nothing about partnership. Under device manager is shows mobile device connected: pocketpc usb sync. You can disable or uninstall. Driver is updated from MS website.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Almost a VIP

In the settings when it says SET-UP DEVICE, have you gone into that. Sorry I can't be of much help I use google exchange and my home to just back up my contacts, email/text and documents. If that is all you want to backup try one of those. Or you can use PIMBackup or SPB Backup. If not then delete WMDC and reinstall it. I use vista ultimate, but its 32 bit and I do not use WMDC, only use it to connect to SD card and transfer files.....
Old 10-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nysnobdrx is a n00b

Thanks for your help-still won't work. I use outlook and wanted to put my cal, contacts and such on my TP2. Is there any other way to sync with outlook?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

You need to setup your device with WMDC to get it to work. 32/64 bit should have no effect on it working unless you're using one of the preview versions of office, then you need the 32 bit version. Have you tried using a different USB port and/or a different USB cable to connect your phone to your computer with? If you can't get the device setup with WMDC, you'll never be able to sync stuff with Outlook as far as I know.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nysnobdrx is a n00b

My Microsoft office is from the Enterprise edition. I've used different USB ports on my XPS 710 wth no change. I'm using Home Premium with SP2 64 bit. Don't know what is left to do or try? I got the TP2 to specifically sync with Outlook. I was using a HP Pocket PC to sync with no problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2