PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

axeae is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
best AIM client

I've tried the official client, and absolutely hated it (too laggy), and I'm not such a fan of Palringo or Nimbuzz. Is there a decent AIM (I don't need any other protocols, but if the client is good that's fine) client for Windows Mobile? I'm using Slick now, and I like the interface and responsiveness, but it's too buggy for me.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: best AIM client

I use IM+, it's not as smooth as I want at this point, but it's reliable and very nice
Old 10-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

I use beejive its free, its fast, its great! Just install the cab run the program and let me know what you think!
Attached Files
File Type: cab BeejiveIM.CAB (1.08 MB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

axeae is a n00b

Actually, I couldn't get Beejive to run, it kept giving me an error, something about lacking the libraries to display the actual alert, but I wasn't able to sign onto any AIM screennames.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Almost a VIP

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeae View Post
Actually, I couldn't get Beejive to run, it kept giving me an error, something about lacking the libraries to display the actual alert, but I wasn't able to sign onto any AIM screennames.
hmm thats strange... i used this cab sent it to my cousin and buddy (we have sprint tp2) and we all use it over the standard included im client... Sorry Its not working for you buddy.

Try uninstalling the one you have... soft reset then install my cab. I dont see why it wouldn't work for you.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I use Sprint's Messnenger App which seems to work fine for me. It has intergrated AIM and Yahoo and works well.
Attached Files
File Type: cab OzIM_Raphael_ Sprint_2.0.77.cab (536.7 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

axeae is a n00b

I got Beejive working, thanks. I wish it had a better system though for tabs during conversations. It only shows chat bubbles rather than the screen names. Is there any way to change that?
Old 10-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeae View Post
I got Beejive working, thanks. I wish it had a better system though for tabs during conversations. It only shows chat bubbles rather than the screen names. Is there any way to change that?
hmmm im not sure i haven't tried to change it... the only complaint i have is that it doesnt notify you when a buddy sings in/out other than that its perfect! 100% better than the original im client on the phone (in my opinion) i think its the best you can get for free.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

axeae is a n00b

My one complaint about the tabs wasn't really a big deal. I actually like that it doesn't notify when people sign in and out, since I plan on leaving it on all of the time.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

i tend to turn my data connection off when not using it (which is a majority of the time) however i would like to run aim, possibly leave it on for the majority of the day. do you think the data connection will drain my battery a excessively even if its not being used? guess i might as well just try. i can get around 48 to 72 hours doing what i do now. wonder how much it will reduce that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2