PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

xpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

New 480x800 package have just updated on Oct 08, It supports for QVGA screen, both portrait and landscape mode. Please delete folder SAVE in root folder iGO8 before update this package
Before running any Navigation program on your phone, you should make sure that Quick GPS doesn't expire yet.

For some reasons, some folks here can't get Dimka Skin worked on their phone, so I take it off, and SKIN is optional. Right now, I highly recommend GJ6.12.p SKIN (see post 2). If you guys still want DIMKA skin, please go to his website

Step 1: Download Nav n Go iGo_8.3.4.102680, unrar, copy to your microSD card (SD), rename it to IGO8. This version fully support TTS, 02 voice guidance Profiles, 3d Building, Driver Alerts, over millions POIs... , you can see more here

Step 2: Download my package 480x800.rar to your computer, unrar, copy and overwrite “branding.zip” and “data.zip” to folder IGO8 on your SD.

Step 3: Download SYS.TXT (see attachment) and copy it to folder IGO8

Step 4: Download 2009Q1 NAVTEQ North America Maps to your computer, copy all of its contents to IGO8/Content (4 folders: building, dem, map, poi)

Step 5: Create a folder name Skin in IGO8/Content

Step 6: Use any explore program on your phone to map iGO8.exe to start menu of your phone (hold and chose send to Start Menu as Shortcut)

Ok, you ready to go. Once you in the Program go to Setting --> Device --> Set Screen Orientation --> Select Landscape mode (pick the left one)

Your Igo8 folder should like this
Igo8
|---Content (Subfolders: Building, Dem, Lang, Map, Poi, Skin, Scheme, Speedcam, Voice)
|---custom
|---Font
|---LICENSE
|---SAVE
|
Nav N Go User Manual here, please read it first before you call customer support, , thanks SKS06460 for the link

Voice guidance, or Text To Speech enable (HQ Suzan v1.84 and Dave v1.74):
-Download English US - Susan & Dave (TTS) and unrar it, you will see there are two folders, content and tts_log, + four files
-Copy all the files to root folder iGO8
-Replace tts_log folder in iGO8/ with the new one
-Inside folder content, there is a subfolder voice, copy all its contents to iGO8/content/voice
-Start iGO8 – Settings – Regional –Voice Profile – English US (either sweet Susan or warming Dave).
-Go to Settings --> Map Screen --> Check on "Street Names During Navigation"
NOTE:
-These are original NNG 32KHz High Quality voice packages for iGO R3 (8.3.x) series.
-These voice packages are meant and optimized for R3 (8.3.x) series only

All questions are welcomed but don't ask me where you can download iGO8 program and NAVTEQ NA maps.

Sys.txt. Re-write on 05/10/2009, enable skin selection, set TTS louder, enable spell out street name, makes map drawing a lot of faster, power saving, enable warning
To get Warning work, please see post #45, Thanks Ender519
Thanks all contributors, esp., Ender519, Navychief52, Sumo911, Jimmyz

wraith79 reported that Windows Marketplace somehow conflicts with GPS. If you installed WM, try to uninstall it, reset you phone, and try iGO8 again. Thanks wraith79
Attached Files
File Type: txt sys.txt (1.5 KB, 2762 views) Click for barcode!

Don't forget to click

Last edited by xpsworm; 10-10-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: User Manual link
This post has been thanked 77 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

xpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuff
GI Skin

GI Skin, Special thanks to Gurjon team, Your work is excellent.
Thanks Sumo911 for your contributions to this post

Step 01: Click here to download the GJ 6.12p_da_800x480 package, this is the modified package for Touch Pro2, copy it to iGO8/content/skin, don't unzip it.

Step 02: Download zip file Extension.rar here, unzip it, copy the whole unzipped folder (EXTENSION) to root folder iGO8 on your SD card

Step 03: Run iGO8 --> Settings --> Menu --> Skin -->
GJ 6.12p_da_800x480

Note:
If it doesn't work correctly, you need to erase folder Save in iGO8/ and restart your phone
Here is the MANUAL for this SKIN, please read it first before you post question about how to use it.

Last edited by xpsworm; 10-20-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Update GJ 61.2p_da_800x480 pac.
This post has been thanked 19 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: How to install iGo8 on Touch Pro2 with 2009 North America Maps (step by step guid

you are awesome for posting this- thanks!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Re: How to install iGo8 on Touch Pro2 with 2009 North America Maps (step by step guid

The link to your file "480x800.rar" above says "Error" when you try to download it. Any idea what is wrong?

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 10-04-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

My mistake, it said I had to wait for a slot to be available for downloading the file. It is downloading now.

Thanks for posting the instructions! I'm anxious to see how it compares to Garmin Mobile XT with NT2010 maps!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

Works great!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

hadman is a n00b

Does this version have TTS?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro

kenix is a n00b

I manage to download a TTS file (I forgot where, sry) but couldn't get Susan TTS (High quality version) to work. I only manage to got Amy and Jason TTS to work.

P.S can someone set up a Garmin Guide as well. That would be great
Old 10-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jake332 is a n00b

Is TTS working for you guy? I have been trying for two weeks and this is driving me nuts. Why is TTS not working on touch pro 2? It has enough memory.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jake332 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenix View Post
I manage to download a TTS file (I forgot where, sry) but couldn't get Susan TTS (High quality version) to work. I only manage to got Amy and Jason TTS to work.
Amy and Jason are NON TTS VOICES. TTS = Text To Speech. Does Jason and Amy say the name of the street out loud? . I believe they are non TTS voices and all non TTS versions works fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps