PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid "X"
Carrier: Verizon

navychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to install iGo8 on Touch Pro2 with 2009 North America Maps (step by step guid

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsworm View Post
Hey thanks NavyChief52, Would you my if i post your Screenshot and sys.txt to my first post?
Not at all, you did the heavy lifting my friend, just glad that I could contribute a little back.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

kenix is a n00b
Re: How to install iGo8 on Touch Pro2 with 2009 North America Maps (step by step guid

My TP2 only say non TTS voices. In other words, it doesn't say street name but only turning left or right. I guessing that it doesn't have enough memory for HQ voice of Susan TTS ? Can anyone confirm if their TP2 say street name also..

Anyone out there have a guide on installing Garmin or Navigon specificlly for TP2?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

navychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenix View Post
My TP2 only say non TTS voices. In other words, it doesn't say street name but only turning left or right. I guessing that it doesn't have enough memory for HQ voice of Susan TTS ? Can anyone confirm if their TP2 say street name also..
I have TTS. There were steps posted here that made a reg edit that turned off memory caching. Until I made this edit, the TTS didn't work for me either. I spent about 30 mins looking for the post, but didn't see it. Perhaps someone here can find it.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

xpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuff

Quote:

Anyone out there have a guide on installing Garmin or Navigon specificlly for TP2?
What version of your iGo8? Which map are use using right now? Can you tell me names of files in your folder iGO8/Content/Voice. I have my nav. say street name (ex, on 100 feet turn right to Grand Ave)

Don't forget to click
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

FierceDeityLink1 is a n00b

Quote:
I had to use "SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy" and "NoPushInternet_v2" to free up enough memory for the HQ voices.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Lurker

kenix is a n00b

thanks for the replying navychief and xpsworm

I'm using 8.3.4.102680

I'm using a US map (Georgia)
content in voice folder:
v_eng_us_f1
v_eng_us_m2
Voice_Eng-us-m1
Voice_TTS-log-Eng-us-f1
Voice_TTS-log-Eng-us-me
Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nrupalp is a n00b

Awesome..got it working with steps listed. Now need to figure out how to get custom car icons to work and TTS.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
thanks for the replying navychief and xpsworm

I'm using 8.3.4.102680

I'm using a US map (Georgia)
content in voice folder:
v_eng_us_f1
v_eng_us_m2
Voice_Eng-us-m1
Voice_TTS-log-Eng-us-f1
Voice_TTS-log-Eng-us-me
I have
iGO8_R3_TTS_EnglishUS.rar
Voice_TTS-loq-eng-us-m1.zip
Voice_Eng-us-f1.zip
Voice_TTS-loq-eng-us-f1.zip
in content\voice
Old 10-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

awesome guide thank you for this!!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Lurker

kenix is a n00b

thx for the tip Link1. Use the SSK TP2 "Dynamic Resource Proxy" and "NoPushInternet_v2" trick and now TTS working. Thx all

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps