PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

jericko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Cleanup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmeador View Post
In 6.1 and in the unaltered 6.5, voice command was instigated by holding down the phone answer key for one second. Even though I have voice command activated, that doesn't work now. Any ideas?

Same issue, when you go into the button option to re-assign it, you can not. I actually restored a backup image because this is a deal breaker for me.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Enable Internet Connection Sharing (Sprint only, for now)>

I could not get this to work, I actually read a post by MightyMike stating Internet sharing does not work with the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM. Just a heads up to everyone.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound3785 View Post
What is the difference in the three sprint cabs?
I realize that I need to update some documentation, but come guys, READ THE FIRST POST CAREFULLY! It's all in there, in English!

You only need TWEAKS OR CLEANUP, not both! You need WM65 for Windows Mobile 6.5... or the other files for the appropriate carriers with Windows Mobile 6.1.

All of that is explained in the post if you bother to read (and I'm not picking on you personally, several people have asked).

Quote:
I hear ya,
but I noticed the same thing. My battery life was better in 6.1 prior to that tweak and 6.5 has been running good without. I too fear it will get worse once I install the tweak.
For what its worth, I run atleast 2 weeks with nothing installed except for the tweaks just to test it.
You can't judge battery life in the first few days of flashing a new ROM, because you are impressed by the new features and thus playing with it more which keeps the display and radios on which drains battery. That's just a simple fact.

Quote:
Just a comparison

I have exchange email, 20-50 texts a day 6.1 (after tweaks) I'd be getting my battery dying notifications around 8-10 hours.

On 6.5 with my location turned on for weather every hour, exchange on, same amount of text, I go easily 14-16 hours if not more.
Just a comparison, I am also in the 20-50 texts per day category with emails for TWO accounts syncing every half hour. Plus "services" like weather syncing every hour. Plus about a half hour of calls. I take my phone off the charger every morning at 7:30am and it's currently 7:30PM and I'm sitting at 65%, and today I was in a known weak signal area all day. On a normal day I'm sitting at around 75% in good signal conditions and the same usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
With all due respect... I GUARANTEE that's whats causing it. Because it happened before on 6.1. Battery was dying like crazy. So I read somewhere that was a cause. I took it off, and WHAM... fixed. No battery drain.
As said by Spock... I'm sorry, but you're wrong. It is NOT the driver. no2chem has indicated that in the upper 15% the results are often sporadic, but beyond that it is simply not possible to be causing a drain. You can compare results using the Power & Battery control panel applet (although be aware there IS a bug where it will freeze the phone after you click OK to be done with it... sorry, not my fault on that one). The discharge being high can be caused by any number of factors, but mine in a good signal area is 150mAh. That's a pretty good number and very much consistent with my daily usage. That's down from 210mAh with WM6.1.

That said, I'm not going to argue about it. I am not removing the battery driver. It has worked great for over 2 years now (TP1 and TP2) so either you like it that way, or you don't use it. Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm not going to stand by and let inaccurate information be distributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
GoodThings2Life: Does this Cleanup .cab change some of the icons for certain things. I'm pretty sure I noticed this but I didnt spend much time with the original before I applied the cab. For instance, the Text Messaging program icon (not referring to the slider Tab) has changed? Its an envelope, it was different before, wasn't it?
Yes it does. I'll fix the two affected icons for Microsoft Outlook and Text Messaging in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooprob40 View Post
Try this.
Thanks for the assist, but as a matter of preference... please don't post cabs in this thread. Instead, please link to existing posts. I have it archived frequently so they'll disappear, the server doesn't need the extra load from duplicate files, and I'd also appreciate the original posters get credit for their efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmeador View Post
In 6.1 and in the unaltered 6.5, voice command was instigated by holding down the phone answer key for one second. Even though I have voice command activated, that doesn't work now. Any ideas?
Re-set your Long End Key Press... Settings tab, Menu, All Settings... Personal... Buttons... Reset it to Voice Command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooprob40 View Post
Does anyone know the name (or where I can find) the soft reset/switch off cab GT2L uses in his tweaks? It's a great function and the best one I've seen thus far.
It can be found here... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=115
Old 03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeiyuu View Post
Thank you for all the updates GoodThings! Just out of curiosity, which cab do you use on your device, the tweaks or cleanup?
A slightly more specific version of Cleanup... nothing too special, just sets the Owner Info and a different Bluetooth "Device Name". I actually name all of my devices after starships. Lately I've been on a Stargate Atlantis kick, so my Zune is WraithDart and my TP2 is PuddleJumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericko View Post
Same issue, when you go into the button option to re-assign it, you can not. I actually restored a backup image because this is a deal breaker for me.
I just set it just fine as a test worked as I expected it to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacy1 View Post
Enable Internet Connection Sharing (Sprint only, for now)>

I could not get this to work, I actually read a post by MightyMike stating Internet sharing does not work with the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM. Just a heads up to everyone.
I used it today at work. I assure you that it most certainly does work. MightyMike is right... it doesn't work in STOCK configuration. The tweaks/cleanup enable it.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Wow, that was exhausting, lol!

OK, I've gotta do some work around the house and then back to work on some things.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i930, TP & TP2
Carrier: Sprint & Nextel

hunterintusttin is keeping up the good workhunterintusttin is keeping up the good work

Could you replace the cellular placement of the program files in the start button listing with an alphabetical list (like the one if you select your programs for the quick start icons)?

The new cellular structure is not only very confusing but makes it very difficult to locate the right program.

Since the 6.5 places your quick launch icons in part on your main screen, the start button should lead to a full list of programs.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Av8terZ06 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
A slightly more specific version of Cleanup... nothing too special, just sets the Owner Info and a different Bluetooth "Device Name". I actually name all of my devices after starships. Lately I've been on a Stargate Atlantis kick, so my Zune is WraithDart and my TP2 is PuddleJumper.
The Stargate series rules !!!! Thanks again for all the hard work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterintusttin View Post
Could you replace the cellular placement of the program files in the start button listing with an alphabetical list (like the one if you select your programs for the quick start icons)?

The new cellular structure is not only very confusing but makes it very difficult to locate the right program.

Since the 6.5 places your quick launch icons in part on your main screen, the start button should lead to a full list of programs.
I'd love to. Got any suggestions of how to accomplish this?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

For those not liking the WM6.5 startmenu, have you guys tried the AwesomeStart Menu located http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587631. I have it installed and its way better than those scattered icons.

dja2k
Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

GT2L, I find it completely comforting that others want a WM6.1 or Modified Manila menu

While the nueControl panel for the power doesnt work, dont remove the driver, if you have issues with the driver consult MightyMike as he has had it in all his roms without issues.

Also a big SG fan, SG/SG:A/SG:U, normally I do the same (ship names) with SciFi shows (to include Anime, its just SciFi drawn out )

I plan to wait a bit, just want to see how changes pan out, nothing on you, but I dont want to HardReset so often... Need to find a good EMU...

EDIT: also MightyMike said that CMGuardian wasnt the only thing preventing Stealth Tether, and that it would revert on each soft reset, just thought you might want to ask what he had to to, so you can add it/fix it, in your package

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2