PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VzW

mayoko185 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Entire Keyboard stops working...

Coming from my old Titan this phone is a damn dream, but only for one issue. My entire keyboard, phone, back, windows keys all stop working sometimes at random (power,backlight and vol rocker work still). This started happening to me about 2 days ago and sometimes if I let it be it will start working again or (so far) if I do a softreset presto! magic! it works again. I called vzw and basicly got the response "your still within you 30 days, if it happens again go to a store and exchange it".

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Also if this is a hardware issue and should get a replacement fine but why when I do a softreset it works again? Is there anything I might have installed thats doing this? I have not done a hardreset yet (id rather not if I can help it really...), should I try that before I go to a store?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Entire Keyboard stops working...

Well what all have you installed to the device?

Old 10-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Some have said that the TP2 keyboard has issues with S2U2. Try uninstalling it for a few days and see if you have the issue again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Well what all have you installed to the device?
Nothing I can think of that does anything to the keyboard, a few games from that games thread and a few hack/tweaks to tf3d (white flip clock, HD Walls etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Some have said that the TP2 keyboard has issues with S2U2. Try uninstalling it for a few days and see if you have the issue again.
Hmm did not know that... s2u2 does not act right all the time anyways (screen scrambles when I flip the keyboard open) so I went ahead and uninstalled it. Hopefully that's why...

Last edited by mayoko185; 10-02-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoko185 View Post
Nothing I can think of that does anything to the keyboard, a few games from that games thread and a few hack/tweaks to tf3d (white flip clock, HD Walls etc)

Hmm did not know that... s2u2 does not act right all the time anyways (screen scrambles when I flip the keyboard open) so I went ahead and uninstalled it. Hopefully that's why...
I believe the display issues are fixed if you change the display mode to "raw buffer" in S2U2, but don't quote me on that one. Regardless, post back if you experience the same issue again. I think A_C will make a new version that addresses the problem.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I believe the display issues are fixed if you change the display mode to "raw buffer" in S2U2, but don't quote me on that one. Regardless, post back if you experience the same issue again. I think A_C will make a new version that addresses the problem.
I completely uninstalled s2u2 and enabled windmo's default lock thing and so far it has not done it again so im hopefull it was that and not a lemon.

I tried raw buffer as well and it still did the scramble thing about half the time (then 100% the time like with direct draw). Its a shame to because I really like it more then the default lock.

Last edited by mayoko185; 10-02-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: add more
Old 10-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

i have no issues with s2u2 and rotation of the device and my keyboard works perfect, even though i barely use it def find myself using the on screen keyboard alot more for everything. should have waited for the leo but couldnt deal with the touch pro being ****ty sometimes.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:33 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleft4her View Post
i have no issues with s2u2 and rotation of the device and my keyboard works perfect, even though i barely use it def find myself using the on screen keyboard alot more for everything. should have waited for the leo but couldnt deal with the touch pro being ****ty sometimes.
Leo May be a while and who says itll come to U.S.?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just wanted to report back. Looks like it was S2U2 that was doing this to me. Since my last post where I uninstalled s2u2 iv no issues my by keyboard at all. Hopefully a new version will fix this soon as I really miss it as im starting to hate the built in lock screen. At least there is nothing wrong with my phone itself!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

try Pocketshield, its incredible http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2