PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA
Opera and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on Touch Pro 2

Hey guys,

First, I didn't post the following in the software forum because this is device specific.

I just wanted to know if anybody was having the problem of Opera 9.5 not working after installing SPB Mobile Shell 3.5. Sometimes it will open up and load some pages, but most of the time, it will just close itself automatically.

I don't understand this because I still have over 100 MB of program memory with both programs running.

I tried installing SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on my Touch Pro which has Opera 9.5, but couldn't replicate the problem. Any help is appreciated.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 10-02-2009, 10:45 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Opera and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on Touch Pro 2

I use Opera as my default browser and haven't had a problem. I've been running MS 3.5 since it came out. It seems like my first page when I open the browser will load slow, but it is normal after that. I don't know what to tell you.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreBA View Post
Hey guys,

First, I didn't post the following in the software forum because this is device specific.

I just wanted to know if anybody was having the problem of Opera 9.5 not working after installing SPB Mobile Shell 3.5. Sometimes it will open up and load some pages, but most of the time, it will just close itself automatically.

I don't understand this because I still have over 100 MB of program memory with both programs running.

I tried installing SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on my Touch Pro which has Opera 9.5, but couldn't replicate the problem. Any help is appreciated.
No problem here with opera, but I did notice some other weird stuff with the new 3.5 ms. I off loaded it and actually had to hard reset for an issue with the 3.5 and another app. I have 3.5 back up but I'm prolly going to go back to 3.0 as it is way more stable, doesn't have the stupid "suck your stuff away to another dimension" trashcan, which I hate. Also with the 3.0 there is a super 301ms tweaks cab that works fantastic in conjunction with the ms3.0, giving it much better options and functionality with lots of mods. I think the 3.5 is a step down, more useless unneeded fluff that inhibits stability. just my $.02.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gpracer1 is keeping up the good workgpracer1 is keeping up the good work

No problems with my Opera.

Do the widgets on your main page have text under them? Mine used to say "google" or "calc" or "weather" under the icons. Now they say nothing, just the icon.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

No problems here with SPB MS3.5 and Opera either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
Also with the 3.0 there is a super 301ms tweaks cab that works fantastic in conjunction with the ms3.0, giving it much better options and functionality with lots of mods.
If you're referring to the Professional Widgets by jgjackson....then I agree 100%. I am really missing them since upgrading to 3.5, and am seriously thinking of downgrading too. The new features in 3.5 just don't make up for loosing those widgets IMO. I was just waiting to see if he updated that thread / those widgets for 3.5. That would be worth waiting for a few days, week, whatever.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:30 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

only problem i had with mobi shell 3.5 is the contacts tab on the dialer was broken due to tflo being disabled, and a few other bugs like that....
Old 10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
only problem i had with mobi shell 3.5 is the contacts tab on the dialer was broken due to tflo being disabled, and a few other bugs like that....
Agreed, and that was a bug in 3.0...and they still haven't fixed it in 3.5. There's a thread about it in the TP2 forum.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, thanks for your help everybody. I think I too am going to downgrade to 3.0 as well. SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 is just way too unstable. The Contacts tab on the dialer is broken, Opera is very unstable with 3.5 installed, and the buttons under Keypad and Endcall on the dialer when on call are all gone. This is a shame as I really love all the rest of the new features. This in conjuction with Resco Contacts Manager is awesome.

Oh well, I'm sure SPB 4.0 will have most of the above fixed.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

jdisrael is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jdisrael

I actually had a problem with Opera 9.5 not loading after installing 3.5
But I think it had something to do with having Opera 9.7 beta installed. When I removed it, 9.5 started working again. When I installed MS3.5 on my wifes TP2, Opera worked fine. And she never had 9.7 beta on there to start.
So far, I love MB3.5. None of the small bugs have managed to bother me yet. I feel like I can access everything that I want so much faster and more directly than TF3D
Old 10-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdisrael View Post
I actually had a problem with Opera 9.5 not loading after installing 3.5
But I think it had something to do with having Opera 9.7 beta installed. When I removed it, 9.5 started working again. When I installed MS3.5 on my wifes TP2, Opera worked fine. And she never had 9.7 beta on there to start.
So far, I love MB3.5. None of the small bugs have managed to bother me yet. I feel like I can access everything that I want so much faster and more directly than TF3D
I totally agree with using SPB Mobile Shell over TouchFlo 3D. I never installed the beta version of Opera though and mine is still very unstable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2