PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mighty ROM
Carrier: MetroPCS/T-Mobile

shagpal is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First Touch Pro2 on MetroPCS!

using qpst, I can't see the phone w/ usb cable plugged in. I dunno what "CDMA workshop" is.

I don't recall changing the MSL, and dunno how to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscalling View Post
did you correctly do step6? change your msl from whatever to 000000?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro sprint
Carrier: sprint

starscalling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
web is functional, something is blocking mms though.
i see what you mean now, i think i'm about an hour out or so. Thanks, and sorry for the blockheadedness, you were, in retrospect crystal clear.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
i see what you mean now, i think i'm about an hour out or so. Thanks, and sorry for the blockheadedness, you were, in retrospect crystal clear.
I try to be.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-04-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I try to be.
cant get the qpst in vista32bit goin - dont have the win7 in this machine, however happen to tri-boot and have a xp on here.. tty on the 'other side'
Old 11-04-2009, 12:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
cant get the qpst in vista32bit goin - dont have the win7 in this machine, however happen to tri-boot and have a xp on here.. tty on the 'other side'
lmfao ok
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

ivan275 is a n00b

Quote:
you need to change it to 000000 so houdini can flash it over, and its not eist, its EPST settings.
I thought you just need MSL number to get into the "Edit" setings....

I keep trying to get this to work but am having problems, no one will take it to even try it. The closest was it got started and got about 30 seconds in and then "FAIL".

Edit: I started this post 4 hours ago and didnt read the last few posts I now get that I need to change it to 000000...

Does going threw steps 1-12 mean that is it flashed and that the only reaso to hudini is to get ESN into inventory... So after 1-12 all I need is my ESN to be added Metro database and then gno to that special MetroPCS website and fill out a form...

Anyone know a shop near me that can help... I'm California> Los Angeles> San Fernando> Burbank...

Last edited by ivan275; 11-04-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mighty ROM
Carrier: MetroPCS/T-Mobile

shagpal is becoming a great contributor

okay, I downloaded "cdma workshop 2.7" and ran it, but when I plugged into the USB port, the program could not find my vzw tp2. I tried every COM port, 1-25. no dice.

when I dial ##778, my phone comes up with EPST, and I can get into it by dialing "000000". does that mean I already reset the MSL?

Quote:
did you correctly do step6? change your msl from whatever to 000000?
Old 11-04-2009, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagpal View Post
using qpst, I can't see the phone w/ usb cable plugged in. I dunno what "CDMA workshop" is.

I don't recall changing the MSL, and dunno how to do it.
check google.

Quote:
Shouldnt have bothered with vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan275 View Post
I thought you just need MSL number to get into the "Edit" setings....

I keep trying to get this to work but am having problems, no one will take it to even try it. The closest was it got started and got about 30 seconds in and then "FAIL".

Edit: I started this post 4 hours ago and didnt read the last few posts I now get that I need to change it to 000000...

Does going threw steps 1-12 mean that is it flashed and that the only reaso to hudini is to get ESN into inventory... So after 1-12 all I need is my ESN to be added Metro database and then gno to that special MetroPCS website and fill out a form...

Anyone know a shop near me that can help... I'm California> Los Angeles> San Fernando> Burbank...
hey whats up - i'm in canoga park - i'll know if i got it around 11-12am tomorrow. will post if i do. you need the msl to get in, but you ALSO need to edit the msl - which is the trickier bit. step 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagpal View Post
okay, I downloaded "cdma workshop 2.7" and ran it, but when I plugged into the USB port, the program could not find my vzw tp2. I tried every COM port, 1-25. no dice.

when I dial ##778, my phone comes up with EPST, and I can get into it by dialing "000000". does that mean I already reset the MSL?
it just needs to be 000000 from what i understand, if your msl was not 000000 and now it is 000000 you changed it.

interesting reading: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...92&postcount=1

well its been a good season. i may poke back up for the next model ^^
Old 11-04-2009, 04:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: metropcs

tosh1 is a n00b

This is weird that you have to change the code to all 000000 for Houdinisoft to recognize it...

My guess is this: at the beginning/middle or end of Houdini running it won't say "PASSED" until the MSL is verified at 000000. Since we are tricking it with TP info, it probably isn't writing that part correctly and so it fails it at the end.

By us doing it manually it does everything else and when it finally checks the MSL and sees that its at 000000, then it passes it and therefore passes the ESN into METROPCS inventory.

Let me try and do this on my TP2 I just got, if it works anyone in the Bayarea and I can point you to my source as well.

In the meantime thanks for the info all...
Old 11-04-2009, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh1 View Post
This is weird that you have to change the code to all 000000 for Houdinisoft to recognize it...

My guess is this: at the beginning/middle or end of Houdini running it won't say "PASSED" until the MSL is verified at 000000. Since we are tricking it with TP info, it probably isn't writing that part correctly and so it fails it at the end.

By us doing it manually it does everything else and when it finally checks the MSL and sees that its at 000000, then it passes it and therefore passes the ESN into METROPCS inventory.

Let me try and do this on my TP2 I just got, if it works anyone in the Bayarea and I can point you to my source as well.

In the meantime thanks for the info all...

i was playing with the houdini program. You have to get it to sync a reference phone, and then the target phone. It is supposed to flash on the same one as touch pro which is the first 'htc' brand setting - 6950/6850 - the rest is mostly unlocking, and slamming the prl in from what i can tell.

its kinda like:
get the official drivers from houdini since we're going to be playing with it
install them, plugin device, and go install drivers from that folder while in diag mode, it installs the rest of the drivers then.
get msl
change msl
update prl

houdini should see it find now. supposedly. though i have my doubts, as the only difference was my code, however it may need that right at the begining to access the phone - very likely - and you may need to check in device manager for which com port its on. have fun !!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2