PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

efunk33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you disable the "Push Internet", can u still use the push internet buttons?

So you know on the push internet buttons? Like youtube button, and the others you can set to other internet websites. Can you still use those as sort of bookmarks after you have disabled the push internet? I know they still work if you click them, but I am wondering if you use them, if it enables the push internet or anything that will be a memory monster. lol

I'm just wanted to use them as bookmarks. That way I can click them, rather than open up Opera, wait for it to load, then go to my bookmarks and click the one I want, then wait for it to load again. Where as if I can still use these buttons, I just click that button and it only has to load once, and Opera opens up right to my page.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

efunk33 is a n00b
Re: If you disable the "Push Internet", can u still use the push internet buttons?

It seems like when you use one of those buttons, you go to that web page, and then when you close out the browser, it's not like you normally close it. You only have the option of closing it by the "x" at the top right corner. There isn't the normal option to go to file>exit>then hit "ok to close it" rather than just minimize it.

So then if you click to open the browser right after exiting the push button browser, it has to reload completely like you were never in the browsed.

Weird.

EDIT: This only holds true to the original youtube button. I added a new button to espn.com and it did the normal opening of Opera, and had me do the full exit out of it.

Last edited by efunk33; 09-30-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

bstan is becoming a great contributor
Re: If you disable the "Push Internet", can u still use the push internet buttons?

For me it seems like when Push Internet is disabled those buttons act just like bookmarks.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

Is there a way to completely delete the Push Internet tabs on the Manila "Browser" page? Say, for instance, I want only 3 push pages instead of 4 and don't want the 4th with the icon and "+Add a new Push Page" hanging off the bottom of the screen.

Or say for instance I want these (3) push links to open another browser, other than Oper 9.5? I've already found the one for the globe icon and have changed that to now launch Skyfire (WVGA beta!)... now I want the links to lauch Skyfire as well, or maybe disappear alltogether.

Possible? Registry location or .xml file to edit?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2