PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 06:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 aka Mogul bka Titan
Carrier: Sprint

JBurd3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I get some help please? Just ur opinion

I have the touch pro right now and I want to upgrade my phone. I've been looking at a lot of reviews on the touch pro 2 and they all seem to be relatively good so far. But I can't decide whether or not to get the touch pro 2 or wait for the hero. The main downside to the hero for me is the lack of a physical keyboard. But besides that, isn't the hero supposed to be a better phone? Any thoughts/comments/opinions? O and I'm a heavy texter, moderate web surfur, occasional emails and music. Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

transcend73 is keeping up the good worktranscend73 is keeping up the good work
Re: Can I get some help please? Just ur opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurd3 View Post
I have the touch pro right now and I want to upgrade my phone. I've been looking at a lot of reviews on the touch pro 2 and they all seem to be relatively good so far. But I can't decide whether or not to get the touch pro 2 or wait for the hero. The main downside to the hero for me is the lack of a physical keyboard. But besides that, isn't the hero supposed to be a better phone? Any thoughts/comments/opinions? O and I'm a heavy texter, moderate web surfur, occasional emails and music. Thanks
From what I've read on the Hero and my experience with the TP2 I'd say that the latter is the better phone (TP2.) It has a bigger screen. If you look at the dimensions of the TP2 alongside the Hero you'll see that although the Hero lacks a hardware keyboard it's only slightly smaller and thinner that the TP2. For someone who is a heavy texter I think you'll really appreciate the spacious keyboard of the TP2 over anything onscreen. ... My 2.5 cents...

edit: Here's a link to the post in the Hero thread where the two phones are shown side by side. This should help you make a decision.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=77325&page=32

Last edited by transcend73; 09-30-2009 at 06:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

the hero isn't suppose to be better then the tp2. Technically the tp2 should be better because it costs more. Honestly its going to come down to the user. I personally can't live without a keyboard so i would say the tp2 is better but if i was able to go without a keyboard i still wouldn't get the hero, i would wait for the diamond.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

JBurd3 is a n00b

I was debating on trying out the android os since all i've ever has was windows based phones and with my experience they can be really glitchy/buggy at times. Does anybody prefer the android os?
Old 10-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

no hardware keyboard is a dealbreaker for me
Old 10-04-2009, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Ive used both....and Im sticking with my TP2. The Hero is nice, very smooth, very responsive, 5 MP camera, multitouch is nice. But I just love WinMo way too much to switch. And the screen on the TP2 is amazing. The phone just feels good in your hand. Like you, I NEED a physical KB. If you dont mind the cost difference, I say TP2
Old 10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

JBurd3 is a n00b

Yea it's pretty much the lack if the physical keyboard that's makin me lean towards the tp2. But based on all the vids n even the clips on the htc website, the hero seems so much smoother and user friendly than any windows os is. Even when I had my tp, I swear everyone that had a g1 could do so much more with their phones.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Personally I need my hardware KB. Can't live without it!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

yachtspecco is just getting started

The tp2 is without question the best winmo phone I have had. I started with the 6800 mogul and felt it had the promise but never really performed the way I wanted it to. I did an advanced exchange and got a new touch pro as a replacement and it was far superior but it still was buggy and frequently locked up and generally was almost ridiculous when it came to battery life. I got an extra battery with the phone and picked up another one at the local store.
The TP2 finally works the way a winmo phone should with excellent battery life. The screen is huge by comparison and phone is very responsive. Aside from a few mods to enable autocompletion and theme and color choices it works fantastic with the stock rom. I was not happy about the price and the 2 year commitment but in retrospect it was a very good decision. I just sold my used tp on Ebay for $200 so that makes it less painful. TP 2 and you won't be disappointed!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would get the pro 2 since i got it i love it 10x more then my pro1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
hero, touch pro, touch pro 2