PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

IcyStorm is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Getting Verizon to replace my TP2

I've owned the TP2 since its release, and I have one really bothersome issue with the phone. The top half of the phone will not sit flush with the bottom half of the phone when it is closed, and even though it's not a big deal and does not interfere with its functionality in any way, I find it extremely bothersome to use.

Do you think I could get Verizon to somehow exchange my Touch Pro2 for a new one? I know there's the problem with the phone being out of stock, but I'd like to at least try.

Anyone familiar with Verizon's exchange policies?

Also, the phone comes with a one-year warranty... would I talk to HTC or Verizon about using that (if it ever comes up)?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work
Re: Getting Verizon to replace my TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyStorm View Post
I've owned the TP2 since its release, and I have one really bothersome issue with the phone. The top half of the phone will not sit flush with the bottom half of the phone when it is closed, and even though it's not a big deal and does not interfere with its functionality in any way, I find it extremely bothersome to use.

Do you think I could get Verizon to somehow exchange my Touch Pro2 for a new one? I know there's the problem with the phone being out of stock, but I'd like to at least try.

Anyone familiar with Verizon's exchange policies?

Also, the phone comes with a one-year warranty... would I talk to HTC or Verizon about using that (if it ever comes up)?
Are you within the first 30 days? If so, you might get a new one. If not, there is a chance you may (already) receive a refurbished phone. Also, there is the possibility that Verizon will claim the phone was damaged by the user. Finally, there is a chance they'll charge you a co-pay if they say you need to submit an insurance claim.

Suggestion: Go to a Verizon store and speak to a service technician face-to-face. I was able to replace a phone without paying any type of fees. Technician agreed that the user did not cause the damage.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:09 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: Getting Verizon to replace my TP2

Take it to the store and show them. They'll document the problem and condition on your account, and you can have it replaced.

Regarding the 1-year warranty, Verizon would handle that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2