PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boxwave Styra Ball Point Pen/OEM Stylus

Hey guys,
Boxwave makes this really neat oem style stylus that fits in your pda and has a pen in it. I purchased the GSM version for the TP2 but it is a bit short. Other than that it works amazing. Apparently they will create a CDMA version if I can get enough people to do a product request. Will all those interested please submit a request to the provided link. The first is the pen info, the second is the product request link. Thanks guys!

http://www.boxwave.com/products/styr...-pro2_3552.htm

http://www.boxwave.com/community/request/index.htm

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:25 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7373 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I had a pen/stylus for my XV6700, and it was awesome!! Then they had the collapsable pen for the XV6800. But I would love to have one for my TP2. I'll check the link.

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 09-30-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Re: Boxwave Styra Ball Point Pen/OEM Stylus

I have used Boxwave Styra's since my original Sony Clie s300. However Seidio also makes pen/stylus replacements (and their innocase and holster is the best around imho too), the difference is they usually make them extend-able, and they are cheaper ($9 vs $13). On styluses that are stock extend-able like the one for my Titan, they added an extra 3rd extension to make it about 1/2" longer which made a big difference in usability. So I prefer the Seidio ones now as such and that's what I used in my Titan. I have large hands (i'm 6'1", my hand is ~20 cm from wrist to tip of middle finger) - and I find the stock stylus on the TP2 to be the smallest in length and diameter of any I've used to date (and as such, the worst). However, since the device is out of the box is so finger friendly I'm sure they didn't figure the stylus was that important anymore, and really it isn't, I hardly even used mine on my Titan once I applied a lot of finger friendly tweaks.

So I'm going to hold out until Seidio lists one, if they don't make one, or if it's not extend-able or cheaper, i'll order a boxwave one for sure.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just put in the request for a CDMA version of the Styra Ballpoint Pen.
I had one for my 6700 and loved it. Was great to have when needed a pen on short notice; cell phone always with me but pen wasn't: solution: Pen/Stylus combo.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Thanks for your support guys. I hope they produce this soon
Old 09-30-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Then they had the collapsable pen for the XV6800. .
Those are awesome because they are a LOT longer than the stock stylus.

I sill have one laying on my kitchen table that I use on my new TP2 when I'm home....

~John
Old 09-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd love to have this stylus, but I'm a little worried about the auto retract feature that comes standard with the unit. For example, will the notes pop up when I'm mid call and pull it out?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post

Incidentally, with Mobile Shell 3 on my TP2, I think I've got the best of the Palm and the WinMO world.
I used MS for a while, but after the novelty wore off I got sick of it & ended up back to TF3D rather quickly.......

~John
Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I'd love to have this stylus, but I'm a little worried about the auto retract feature that comes standard with the unit. For example, will the notes pop up when I'm mid call and pull it out?
Even the shorter GSM version works fine with this. Doesnt set it off at the wrong time and notes pop up the second you do.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
Settings>Phone>Advanced>"Open Notes when stylus is pulled out during a call"

Make sure the box is unchecked.

I've had a pen stlyus for all of my Treo's. I would love to have one for the TP2 and made my request.

Incidentally, with Mobile Shell 3 on my TP2, I think I've got the best of the Palm and the WinMO world.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
I mean would it still work even with this other stylus?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2