PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G *Rooted*
Carrier: Sprint

datguy810 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question What should I do!?

ok so I have a mogul right now but last weekend my screen cracked sprint said they would replace it for $120...I love my mogul...but the TP2 is so sexy and my contract is up ... but i have not seen alot of thread on upgrades and apps for TP2 yet, I like to flash and I love the way I could change my programs& rom on my mogul... will these programs work on the tp2? What I mean is they are QVGA apps so does that mean they wont work on the TP2?....I have 6.5 on my mogul can i get it for tp2 or can the TP2 be unlock if so point me in the right way this will make my choice easy
Old 09-29-2009, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Re: What should I do!?

ummm touch pro 2 has the same apps as any windows mobile phone. and 6.5 the OFFICAL 6.5 comes out in what a week? tp2 much better then the tp1 and the mogul so should be fine
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Right now, there is no unlocker for the TP2 so flashing is out for now.

I ran WM 6.5 almost from day one on one of my TP's & almost didn't upgrade to the TP2 because it is not available on the TP2 yet.

I did give in & upgrade & it's the best thing I've ever done, the TP2 blows away the TP/Titan etc (I don't care what ROM you're running)

I have yet to find a program/app that won't run in the TP2.

~John
Old 09-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

some apps won't resize right, but the majority of the ones i ran on the tp work on the tp2 also... the mogul is severely outdated.. it's time u upgraded don't u think? 120 for a mogul is a rip off...
Old 09-29-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Yeah, most programs should work fine, they may display a little odd though if they are made for vga or qvga. I think the only apps that have issues are things like TomTom and Garmin that run full screen and are constantly updating because they aren't made for the resolution yet, though I think some fixes have been found for them. Overall, it's a huge upgrade no matter what you're coming from.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy810 View Post
ok so I have a mogul right now but last weekend my screen cracked sprint said they would replace it for $120...I love my mogul...but the TP2 is so sexy and my contract is up ... but i have not seen alot of thread on upgrades and apps for TP2 yet, I like to flash and I love the way I could change my programs& rom on my mogul... will these programs work on the tp2? What I mean is they are QVGA apps so does that mean they wont work on the TP2?....I have 6.5 on my mogul can i get it for tp2 or can the TP2 be unlock if so point me in the right way this will make my choice easy
Most of your Mogul cabs will work, there are plenty of Tweaks and Cabs listed here. As for flashing new roms, there is no unlocker yet. That being said you will not be able to run 6.5 until its done

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-29-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
some apps won't resize right, but the majority of the ones i ran on the tp work on the tp2 also... the mogul is severely outdated.. it's time u upgraded don't u think? 120 for a mogul is a rip off...
LOL...Yeah ur right time for a upgraded....I was try to stay true to my mogul...like loin fans do for there loins ...The 1st step to recovery is to admitted the problem hahah but I will miss WM 6.5 ...I made all these cool splash screen like the one in my profile pic
Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks guys
Old 09-29-2009, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

EXLINE is just getting started

6.5 will be out in a week
Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXLINE View Post
6.5 will be out in a week
where do u find that info @...if i order it today will it have it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2