PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having in-call issue's (please select multiple if such is your case)?
Yes, I'm having dropped calls more frequently then should be occuring 14 10.69%
Yes, I am unable to hear the other party but they can hear me 6 4.58%
Yes, the other party is unable to hear me 29 22.14%
Yes, other issue 11 8.40%
None whatsoever 83 63.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How many are having in-call issue's?

Judging from the number of people whose TP2's are getting stuck in 1x, I thought I'd bring up another issue I'm having. This is my third TP2 from Verizon and still the same issue's. Call's getting dropped and people unable to hear me. This is occurring in area's where I am certain I have good coverage, places where my Titan never had an issue placing calls.

Last edited by Gulanowski; 09-28-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How many are having in-call issue's?

I haven't had any problems with dropped calls or call quality, but I was just reading the reviews on Verizon's website - sorted lowest to highest - and a lot of people that gave low ratings reported this as a problem.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i'm sorry i voted no problems at all, this seems to be a verizon related problem. Most on the sprint tp2 have not experienced this problem, including myself.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well just to be clear, there aren't any previous threads of people complaining about this on Verizon either.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I actually got better service with the TP2 than TP1. I even get service where I didn't before. But I maybe lucky
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Almost a VIP

Yes and that thread is full of posts from yours truly. It's not the same thing as dropped calls, and call quality though. And if you read that thread, you'll see some Sprint users reporting the same issue.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Yes and that thread is full of posts from yours truly. It's not the same thing as dropped calls, and call quality though. And if you read that thread, you'll see some Sprint users reporting the same issue.
you are correct, and actually it was started by a sprint user, but he was confused
Old 09-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
True, but I never implied a link between that issue and the one I am experiencing. I did however imply that they are in the same category and could help to explain a possible issue with the hardware or possibly software on our phones.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Try disabling roaming.. ive seen calls drop before from being just on the edge of a weak home signal and switching to roaming and dropping the call.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

n0gateway1 is a n00b

I'm having issues with my TP2 on verizon.. areas where i should be receiving a strong signal I have no signal at all. When i first got my phone i was able to use it inside where i worked.. now it just searches for a signal even when im standing outside of where i worked. I'm taking my phone into verizon this evening to have a tech look at it.. if they cant figure out whats wrong and dont let me replace it with another... sadly I'll be goin with a Tour

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2