PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jhale83 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gmail Sync and Attachments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
I hit paste the first time instead of paste shortcut and now I can't delete the first one out of the StartUp folder. Anyone have any suggestions? I even tried to delete it through Total Commander and no dice.
Nevermind. Did another soft reset and I was able to delete it.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Diamond, Telus TP2
Carrier: Telus

chakde is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the "u" version of Imappusher. I have using this for a while but when I installed WinMo 6.5 I was running into some errors but the version you posted fixed that for me.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

GatorDeb is a n00b

Maybe you all can help me. I set up activesync with using SSL, m.google.com, username@gmail.com, my password, and nothing in the domain as it grays out when I put in username@gmail.com.

But the sync fails. The phone connects to Windows Mobile Center in Vista but doesn't sync. Help? I'd really like my contacts imported into the new phone!

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Lurker

KueB is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
Well... I've decided to disable gmail sync and go back to regular IMAP with the IMAP idle pusher service. Too many problems right now. There's quite a bit of delay at times. I'm also getting duplicates. Trash isn't mapped correctly in exchange, and still no attachments.

IMAP with the IMAP pusher service works perfectly (google has been running IMAP for quite some time now, so they've pretty much got it all worked out). Sometimes mail gets pushed to my phone so quickly that the email pops up on my phone before it shows up in thunderbird... on my computer

For those of you who would like to do the same and get your gmail pushed while we wait for google to work out the kinks in gmail sync... just uncheck the "E-Mail" box under your active sync settings. Then do the following steps:

Add your gmail account as a normal account. It's pretty self explanatory, but you can find directions here if you get confused along the way: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78886

Make a directory in your program files folder and extract the files in the attached zip to that directory. Run the ImapPusherService.exe file from your phone and put in your information. Once that's done, your mail should push instantly and you'll get your attachments back.

To make sure the service starts every time, copy a shortcut to ImapPusherService.exe and paste it in your startup folder.

I've also found that I get better battery life by going into activesyc and changing the sync schedule to every 4 hours. Since you're only synching calendar and contacts (or one of them.. or neither of them) there's really no need to have it sync as new items arrive. Imap Pusher Service will take care of email separately and instantly (instead of synching contact, calendar, and email all at the same time) and you'll have less battery drain.

Let me know if this helps you guys out. Also let me know if you have any questions about the setup.
I can't get it to work. Tell me what I am doing wrong. This is what I did:
1. Created folder Gmail under Program Files (main memory) after I added an IMAP account following the google link.
2. Unzipped the attached file in the above folder
3. Ran ImapPusher.exe file. Put a shortcut of that file into Startup folder.

I tried testing it by emailing myself and nothing happened. I had to hit Send/Receive manually. Also, none of my contacts nor calendar items synced. It didn't even ask anywhere to set it up. What steps do I need to take to fix this?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Maybe you all can help me. I set up activesync with using SSL, m.google.com, username@gmail.com, my password, and nothing in the domain as it grays out when I put in username@gmail.com.

But the sync fails. The phone connects to Windows Mobile Center in Vista but doesn't sync. Help? I'd really like my contacts imported into the new phone!

Thanks!
Make sure you dont have "tasks" set to sync. If Tasks are checked to sync (which they are by default) then OTA sync will fail. Hope that works!

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Make sure you dont have "tasks" set to sync. If Tasks are checked to sync (which they are by default) then OTA sync will fail. Hope that works!
Also if you've never used Google Calendar it will fail if you don't either uncheck calendar or setup a google calendar account. I discovered this when I setup Google Sync for my dad.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker

KueB is a n00b

I didn't have tasks nor email set. However, I did have calendar checked. Once I removed it, I got my gmail contacts on my phone.

I have another problem. Now the phone shows that I have one new email but when I go to check them, there is nothing new in there. Do you know what could cause it? EDIT: I checked email in activesync to read that Tips/Tricks email. Then I deleted it and unchecked email in active sync. One problem solved.

Also, I'm still not receiving my emails immediately unless I manually hit Send/Receive.

By the way, when I ran .exe file with settings. I tried to run it again and it won't execute. Has anyone had this?

Last edited by KueB; 12-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Lurker

KueB is a n00b

I deleted ImapPusher to start everything anew. However, now it won't execute. Is there a special way to delete it? I think some files are sitting somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
Run the ImapPusherService.exe file from your phone and put in your information.
What do you mean by "put in your information"?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KueB View Post
I deleted ImapPusher to start everything anew. However, now it won't execute. Is there a special way to delete it? I think some files are sitting somewhere.

What do you mean by "put in your information"?
you need to delete the settings.xml file, not the imappusherservice.exe

open the file and it will be quite obvious, all the information needed is labeled.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Lurker

KueB is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
you need to delete the settings.xml file, not the imappusherservice.exe

open the file and it will be quite obvious, all the information needed is labeled.
I can't find settings.xml file anywhere on device or storage card. The only two files I found were settings.png and settings.html (which obviously do nothing). I hope I won't have to hard reset to fix this. Do you know the location of that file? Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2