PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

zulu is keeping up the good workzulu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Multiple Email Accounts

One question which I'm sure has been asked before but I've been unable to find with a search....

How do I make my TP2 do what I could do with Blackberry's BIS service? I want to be able to push several email accounts to my device like I could with my 'berry. So far, it's looking like my only option is to enter the pop info in and just schedule send/receive in Pocket Outlook. Are you serious? I'm back to having to poll a server? I need instant gratification and it looks like all a hosted exchange account does is let me aggregate, but I can't change which account I reply from on the fly. Help me Obi Wan!!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Multiple Email Accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu View Post
One question which I'm sure has been asked before but I've been unable to find with a search....

How do I make my TP2 do what I could do with Blackberry's BIS service? I want to be able to push several email accounts to my device like I could with my 'berry. So far, it's looking like my only option is to enter the pop info in and just schedule send/receive in Pocket Outlook. Are you serious? I'm back to having to poll a server? I need instant gratification and it looks like all a hosted exchange account does is let me aggregate, but I can't change which account I reply from on the fly. Help me Obi Wan!!
thats what makes a blackberry a blackberry and pretty much the only reason they are around. They are the only phone that does the push email immediately, which is why most companies charge a seperate blackberry charge. gmail just recently upgraded their service to work with microsoft exchange so that is the only company, yahoo and all the others are only pop 3 and imap.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

well windows mobile does it but you have to have an exchange server. if you have a gmail email you can do this finally. only to one email on the phone. then you have like 10 emails but you have to tell the phone to scan every x mins, hours.

if you dont like this feature on the windows mobile you can go back to your "berry" and im pretty sure somebody would kill to have the phone you have. including me
Old 09-30-2009, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No thanks psycho. I bought this phone for a reason so I won't be going back to the "berry." Just dealing with the culture shock of a new device after being with the same one for almost a decade, and trying to get my bearings and a feel for the device's limitations. I appreciate the offer though.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

HBBates is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
thats what makes a blackberry a blackberry and pretty much the only reason they are around. They are the only phone that does the push email immediately, which is why most companies charge a seperate blackberry charge. gmail just recently upgraded their service to work with microsoft exchange so that is the only company, yahoo and all the others are only pop 3 and imap.
Not true exchange is immediately push email I used to use "web to mail" when it was free and would get my email faster on my phone then on my pc ..

As for Multiple Email Accounts that really simple..you just set each email account you have to forward a copy to your one push email account and then that account will push it to you
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Talking Re: Multiple Email Accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBBates View Post
Not true exchange is immediately push email I used to use "web to mail" when it was free and would get my email faster on my phone then on my pc ..

As for Multiple Email Accounts that really simple..you just set each email account you have to forward a copy to your one push email account and then that account will push it to you
this proves my point. im sorry i wasnt mentioning any other service because you have to pay for it. google is giving the service away for free.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Problem is that I can't reply to those forwarded emails and look like I sent them from that email address. I do freelance work for a magazine and have a business and I need to be able to send/reply to emails from both of those domains where exchange will only allow me to send from/reply through only one domain. For now, I'll be using the Pocket Outlook and settle for polling every 15 minutes on the two "mission critical" email boxes and every 30 on the others.

Thanks for your answers so far guys. Thanks has already been given to everyone with a productive answer.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Cricket

CriketDaniel is a n00b

Here is something I ran across wed searching on this issue.

windowsphoneexpert.com/Connection/forums/t/3551.aspx

(what a pain in the ...it won't let me post the link properly but it should still work if you cut and paste it in the browser)

Let me know if this works … Post how you got it work if you try it.

Last edited by CriketDaniel; 01-22-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Bad grammer
Old 01-22-2010, 04:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b

There is a company called "Seven" with a program called "Seven Beta" that is supposed to push your email to you [I read it somewhere a while ago]. You have to sign up for it and I've never gotten around to trying it because I'm not sure how tough it is on the battery and the website is fairly light on details on what Seven is supposed to do, what it looks like, etc.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

I have several hotmail & gmail accounts - had forgotten about forwarding to hotmail to get instant push mail on the TP2...so thanks for reminder!

The only limitation I see is that your reply address will come from your one push email address, not the one(s) that receives the original inbound mail.

As for Google's Sync Gmail. Luv the concept but still buggy with all the inconsistent push & battery suckage.
Hotmail seems to have a good handle on it on my TP2 though.

Last edited by Q_Q; 01-26-2010 at 01:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2