PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 10:47 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2D/3D Driver Development for MSM720X devices

I did a brief search on PPCG but could only see one single post mentioning this updated 2D/3D driver pack for TP2 (and other) devices, so I thought I'd throw it out there...

Found this on WMExperts:

http://www.wmexperts.com/graphics-ne...d-mindpol-beta

that linked to this updated XDA thread by NeoS2007 regarding rev 3 of his driver.

FYI, I'm putting this out there just because I happened to come across it. I'm not into the whole 2D/3D, what HTC did or didn't include, iPhone comparisons, or any of that cr@p. I'm not trying to start anything up again regarding this topic [I recall a lengthy thread on all of this some time back]. Do with it what you will. Personally I have no intentions of even trying it sorry. I use my phone primarily for business purposes and have not really had any issues with "graphic performance" per se.

Last edited by CovKid66; 09-27-2009 at 10:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/5.0 (; U; ; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061208 Firefox/2.0.0 Opera 9.5)

im sorry, there is a whole other thread already discussing this called a short return to 3d/2d drivers...
im mobile or i would link you...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

Last edited by MordyT; 09-27-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:09 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: 2D/3D Driver Development for MSM720X devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/5.0 (; U; ; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061208 Firefox/2.0.0 Opera 9.5)

im sorry, there is a whole other thread already discussing this called a short return to 3d/2d drivers...
Agreed, here and here, and I recall both of them...just didn't want to fuel those fires so to speak
Old 09-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
I did a brief search on PPCG but could only see one single post mentioning this updated 2D/3D driver pack for TP2 (and other) devices, so I thought I'd throw it out there...

Found this on WMExperts:

http://www.wmexperts.com/graphics-ne...d-mindpol-beta

that linked to this updated XDA thread by NeoS2007 regarding rev 3 of his driver.

FYI, I'm putting this out there just because I happened to come across it. I'm not into the whole 2D/3D, what HTC did or didn't include, iPhone comparisons, or any of that cr@p. I'm not trying to start anything up again regarding this topic [I recall a lengthy thread on all of this some time back]. Do with it what you will. Personally I have no intentions of even trying it sorry. I use my phone primarily for business purposes and have not really had any issues with "graphic performance" per se.
Thanks I was unaware of all this... I know we where lacking in this dept. however I did not know it had become such an intesive debate. Thanks again for making others aware.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

exiled has one thing very wrong... the TP2 does indeed peform better than the TP1... just not by much.

I've been using the benchmark tool in the app SK Tools Lite since way back when I had a Samsung i760. It is a great way to measure simple 2d rendering performance on a WinMo device. Basically the test draws a bitmap again and again as rapidly as it can for 25 seconds, and then reports how many it was able to draw. This test doesnt rely on any kind of 3d acceleration or drivers.

The TP1 would get 180 frames in 25 seconds, but only in portrait mode. In landscape mode it slowed down significantly, to 130 frames.

The TP2 does ~210 frames in 25 seconds, and it does so in portrait OR landscape.

Coreplayer benchmark performance is better as well... a reference video that I use which averaged 90% speed on TP1 gets 115% speed on TP2.

It's better, no doubt...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I find the Tp2 to far exceed the performance of the TP. I haven't done any extensive testing or anything, but in general, everyday use, I'm much happier with this device than I was my TP.

(Cue Exil3d TP2 bashing in 3...2....1....)
Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post

Agreed, here and here, and I recall both of them...just didn't want to fuel those fires so to speak
i was accualy referring to this thread forum.ppcgeeks.com/wiforums/GetThread.php?PHPSESSID=9ada0bdd8354a05c0a1395ee2a 57ff28&f=97&t=86721&bat=
and i know it will open in wiforums - srry nothing i can do.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I opened that thread up to have an intelligent discussion about 3d drivers. Noting the galatea engine as an example, I thought we can finally show what windows mobile, rather htc, can do with proper 3d. If neo's project is any indication, quite a bit
further
the creator/porter of the galatea engine can (and has) asked to become a sub developer for the 3d project
so its moving and I'm surprised at the pace!
but the point is
exil 3d argued there was no 3d drivers. And that is true. In one way, exil 3d has (ad nauseum) showed us this fact. But Neo also shows that the potential of these devices outperform the iphone (no surprise) and even the palm pre webos
Neo stated that he would release drivers in the coming days (and he did) so that is what prompted me to open that new thread
I had no idea the porter of GE would also post a new beta today though LOL
so lots of good news for the followers of this

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2