PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your screen have any "give/wobble" when it is in a tilted position?
Yes, it does 96 78.05%
No, it does not move at all when I push on it 27 21.95%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
When tilted, does your TP2 screen "wobble"?

I'm wondering if this is really a "problem" or if there is just some "variability" with manufacturing...

After voting can you all please post your vote along with what carrier you have?

I am starting this thread because I have a slight "wobble" in my screen (Sprint) but otherwise I do not have ANY issues with my TP2 (no dead/stuck pixels, etc) so I am afraid to exchange it just because of the "wobble"...

EDIT: To clarify I mean front to back...when tilted if I push the back of my screen towards the front, it moves a little and when letting go it sits back to where it started...

Last edited by pdawg17; 09-27-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Re: When tilted, does your TP2 screen "wobble"?

you should clarify what you mean by wobble... back and forth or side to side? side to side would be a huge problem because it's not supposed to move that way. back and forth, however, is obviously gonna have some give because that's how you close or open it. when i open mine i can push it back a tiny bit then it seems to just sit in its spot. does this count as wobble?

if it was intended to be locked in a firm position i think you would get a clear lock like when you first start tilting or after u untilt...
Old 09-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
you should clarify what you mean by wobble... back and forth or side to side? side to side would be a huge problem because it's not supposed to move that way. back and forth, however, is obviously gonna have some give because that's how you close or open it. when i open mine i can push it back a tiny bit then it seems to just sit in its spot. does this count as wobble?

if it was intended to be locked in a firm position i think you would get a clear lock like when you first start tilting or after u untilt...
I added an edit above...I mean back to front when the screen is tilted...when the keyboard is slid out but is flat there is no "play" at all...
Old 09-27-2009, 02:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

when u untilt, u hear that click? obviously something is there to keep it nice and stiff so it doesn't wobble... they dont have that mechanism when u tilt it fully...

yours is probably just like everyone elses... i wouldn't worry about it. now if ur watching a movie while its just sitting on the table and it just falls back down... then yeah, that's a problem
Old 09-27-2009, 04:57 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

they all will have a slight wobble, unless it falls on its own or when ya barely touching the screen, its normal to have a give in each direction, Its a moving part that goes in 2 directions, its gonna give a little untill the hinges catch....... We (wife and I) have had 3 total, all with a wobble, i checked 4 at the stores and they all have a slight wobble.

Last edited by Dragon2; 09-27-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

bmrisko is becoming a great contributor

My Sprint TP2 has a very slight side to side (well more of a twist) and front to back when slid out flat and tilted up. Not enough to really bother me or warrant an exchange.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:17 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

this is one of the best questions I've seen posted about the tp2 and has been on my mind (if i ever get one.)
sounds to me like it's engineered 'play', kinda like how bridges & tall buildings sway.

I wouldn't worry about it until it starts doing it when you touch the screen. (how often do you touch the back??)
Old 09-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Yea, mine can only take the lightest touches when tilted without giving. But if you were to say shake the phone a little, it does not wobble.

I think its just the best the design can do.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Mine has the wobble and I'm with Sprint. Not bad though. I kinda wish it would "lock" into place, but really, I guess it don't matter.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I haven't used the tilt feature at all, but it does wobble some. I'm guessing that it's a design limitation as others have stated. Still feels sturdy when tilted, but i have no real use for a tilted screen, ever.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2