PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Want My Pics To Only Open In Stock Album App (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87440)

deadwrong03 09-27-2009 12:18 AM

Want My Pics To Only Open In Stock Album App

i installed kinoma free player on my tp2 and now some of my pics open in the stock album app and a few open in kinoma free player. Is there any kind of way i can set it so that all pictures only open in the stock album app?

sumo911 09-27-2009 01:03 AM

Re: Want My Pics To Only Open In Stock Album App

Use Resco file explorer. click and hold the file, choose 'open with', and select your preferred app.

WhiteBlazer01 09-29-2009 11:05 PM

Total Commander also does this. hold-click on the file, and choose properties. Then you can change the file association for those file extensions.

jmorton10 09-30-2009 07:09 AM

WOW, that POS Kinoma is STILL stealing file associations?????

God, I hate that program.....

~John

sumo911 09-30-2009 08:02 PM

Kinoma freeplay exhibits this behavior, but Kinoma play has the option to disable and re-enable file associations. Its a nice app. Well worth every cent of the $6 bucks i paid using trial pay to get it. ;)

Exil3d 09-30-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1203660)
WOW, that POS Kinoma is STILL stealing file associations?????

God, I hate that program.....

~John

Ya.. I agree. Its a thief that never quits. i had to hard reset my pro1 when I just got infuriated by it.

jmorton10 09-30-2009 08:41 PM

I paid $30 for that POS program & I don't even bother to install it anymore.......

~John

deadwrong03 10-26-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1203222)
Total Commander also does this. hold-click on the file, and choose properties. Then you can change the file association for those file extensions.

when i click properties it takes me to a page that has a general tab at the top and says Location and size, and attributes and last modified date....

where do i go to change the associations?

GrandMasterB 10-27-2009 01:15 AM

I was extemely disappointed in the aggressive behaviors exhibited by Kinoma and it will never see the light of my device again ;(

Charles@Kinoma 11-02-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandMasterB (Post 1268327)
I was extemely disappointed in the aggressive behaviors exhibited by Kinoma and it will never see the light of my device again.

That's the way the OS works. Apps register the file types they can handle, and the OS decides what gets launched. Current versions of Windows Mobile lack even XP-level "open with" functionality, which is one of the many reasons most serious WinMo users need a 3rd-party file manager utility.

Kinoma Play provides just enough "file manager" functionality so that advanced users can set OS file associations without leaving the app (see below).

-- Charles Wiltgen