PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mcmi11ions is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to remove a cab

Hi all. I used the cabs found at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=527006

for the 1% battery display. I initially installed the first one listed, which was from a EU phone, then later followed a link in the same post for a US based one, Verizon specifically.

It's not displaying, which I have come to realize is because i don't have a battery icon pack installed.

Aside from that, I noticed a strange bug. After I installed these, the faded top cutain where my carriers brand is located has jumbled itself up. It says "Verizon Wireless" in the top left corner, but the familiar red and white corporate logo is now planted over the top of the "ess" in wireless, instead of being in the right corner. Probably not a big deal, but it bugs me when i look at the home screen. I figured i would just remove the cabs...but i can't figure out how.

I'm on day two of this phone and love it, and so far this board has been a great help in answering questions i have had. thanks in advance.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: How to remove a cab

My apologies for anyone who was mislead to this thread according to the name. i realized after i posted it that it could be interpreted that instructions on how to remove cab files could be found here... maybe at some point they will? in the mean time, if a moderator wants to change it to something more appropriate then please do.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

From the TF3D home screen, go to Settings > All Settings > System Tab > Remove Programs. Things you have installed should show up on the list. Select what you want to uninstall and select remove, restart your phone if necessary.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Some things don't show up there, not sure why, but I think it's in the way the cab was built. On those, try installing it again, then it will ask to remove the previous installation, say Yes, then when it ask you where to install the new installation, cancel out
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

thanks! I found the two programs and were able to remove them. Unfortunately the glitch on my screen hasn't fixed itself, even after a soft reset. I guess i need to start removing other things until it fixes itself..

*edit* I went back to start removing other programs, and the "Q-Mobile TP2 Battery Update Verizon" is still listed. I've removed it twice. I tried the reinstall to uninstall, and then quitting the install trick, but I get an error that the previous version cannot be uninstalled.

Found the offending cab. wasn't the battery but it was one to put the same background as your home screen on all the touch flo screens... i guess i didn't notice it until after. typical. i apologize for my n00b-ish-ness!

Last edited by mcmi11ions; 09-27-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmi11ions View Post
*edit* I went back to start removing other programs, and the "Q-Mobile TP2 Battery Update Verizon" is still listed. I've removed it twice. I tried the reinstall to uninstall, and then quitting the install trick, but I get an error that the previous version cannot be uninstalled.
This is likely because something was installed after that one that replaced something that was installed by it, and now that it was changed, it can't uninstall itself. Not sure why it doesn't remove itself from the list though. I had it happen and had other things wrong, so I hard reset. I think that may actually be the only way to fully get rid of it though unfortunately. So, if it doesn't bother you being in the list, or other things aren't wrong, you can just leave it as is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2