PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Icons in start menu back.

Not sure what happened, but I used to have icons in my start menu that went to settings, home, and contacts (people icon).

Somehow I removed them, and I want them back, however, those particular icons are not in my "all programs" list.

Anyone know how I can get them back?
Old 09-26-2009, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work
Re: Need Icons in start menu back.

Did you just install the tp2 cleanup cab? I know that removes the first four start menu icons which might be what happened to you. You could try removing the cab but I don't think that'll work.. besides that I know there's a couple threads out there on how to add folders to the start menu but I'm not sure where off hand
Old 09-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hmm.... I actually liked those icons there

Yes, I installed the latest cleanup cab.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

You probably installed my cleanup or installed a tweak to unlock them.

The question is ... why do you even need them? The icons do the same purpose as just tapping on the tabs in TouchFLO... so why take the extra steps of tapping start to get to them? If you're already in a program, just press the hard key <-- back button and it will take you Home, which is still faster that waiting on the menu to appear.

But if you insist... install the cab below that applies to your phone. Sprint is the only one that is different, so use it, but for those reading that might be on Telus or Verizon, they should use the regular one.
Attached Files
File Type: cab restore_program_launcher.cab (506 Bytes, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab restore_sprint_launcher.cab (510 Bytes, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 09-26-2009 at 06:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
You probably installed my cleanup or installed a tweak to unlock them.

The question is ... why do you even need them? The icons do the same purpose as just tapping on the tabs in TouchFLO... so why take the extra steps of tapping start to get to them? If you're already in a program, just press the hard key <-- back button and it will take you Home, which is still faster that waiting on the menu to appear.

But if you insist... install the cab below that applies to your phone. Sprint is the only one that is different, so use it, but for those reading that might be on Telus or Verizon, they should use the regular one.
Well to answer your question, I just got used to using the Start Menu for basically everything within TF3D. I haven't really found much use for the back key or the windows key. Not totally against getting used to a different way. I just wanted a way to get them back because I like the way it was.

Overall, its a small price to pay for such a good cleanup program. I appreciate you making up a cab to restore my settings, however, it appears to have some quirks in it.

I am missing my home icon, and the calender has text "IDS_CALENDARTITLE".
See screenshot.

Thanks for the cleanup tool, and thanks for the support!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (10.6 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: vzw

jlbusch is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Well to answer your question, I just got used to using the Start Menu for basically everything within TF3D. I haven't really found much use for the back key or the windows key. ...

Its funny you haven't found a use for the windows key because it takes you to the same screen as the start menu...
Good luck
Old 09-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Well to answer your question, I just got used to using the Start Menu for basically everything within TF3D. I haven't really found much use for the back key or the windows key. Not totally against getting used to a different way. I just wanted a way to get them back because I like the way it was.

Overall, its a small price to pay for such a good cleanup program. I appreciate you making up a cab to restore my settings, however, it appears to have some quirks in it.

I am missing my home icon, and the calender has text "IDS_CALENDARTITLE".
See screenshot.

Thanks for the cleanup tool, and thanks for the support!
I fixed the cab files. Just reinstall.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2