PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mcmi11ions is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using Facebook Profiles for Contact Photos

Hello all! I'm on day 2 of owning my new Verizon TP2 (loving it so far) and I'm trying to set up my most common contacts with their facebook profile photos... there are 196 profiles that is has to load for me to go select the right one. it seems that after it loads a bunch of them, it gets stuck on one, then stops loading everything after it.

Last night in went in to facebook and removed a bunch of people who i'm not in touch with anymore. This morning I went back to try the load the rest of the pics on my phone, went to the contact > edit > profile pic icon clicked the facebook thing... exact same problem. I hit the refresh option, and the exact same thing happened again. Also, all the of the people I removed are still listed. Anyone know how to get a true refresh?
Old 09-26-2009, 09:59 AM
N00b

Johnson1566 is just getting started
Re: Using Facebook Profiles for Contact Photos

Hello,

What has worked for me, hopefully will work for you.. you have to go into the Edit Contact..then you have to update each contact individually..

Go To

Edit Contact then link it to facebook, if you dont get a picture...go to
Updates and Events (press update profile for a refresh ) after that it should work..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul & HTC Touch and HTC Diamond now HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

soundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good work

its true i got the same issue... but instead of updating one by one, link them to facebook them open all contacts theres a tab on the bottom that looks like a person icon with the time clock on it.. go there, tap on menu, then update now...!!

it will update every single person linked to facebook... just a little easy to deal with .. hope this helps you ..
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:08 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sorry...I don't have an update profile button that I can find. Are you on Verizon?

Like i said, there are profiles stuck in the facebook friends list that shouldn't be there anymore, and 1 specific friend in that list has a picture that won't load, causing all the profiles after it to not load. anyone before that i don't have a problem with, i can use their photo fine.

it's weird and kinda frustrating that the people who I have removed from facebook still appear in this list.

*edit* OK, found the update events and the update all thing. and it loaded everyone it could match. Anyone who appeared after that one person, had the silhouette photo load.

Last edited by mcmi11ions; 09-26-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15650/960; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Have you attemped to logout of facebook on your contact card then reset phone then log back in?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:36 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

OK! logged out and back in. All the people I removed are gone. I used the update all and it loaded everyone, even the people who wouldn't before! Thanks for the help!

I didn't realize it kept me logged in that whole time. Gonna have to keep that in mind.

You've all been "thanked"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2