PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just received my replacement VZW TP2

Ive' been having an issue with my Verizon TP2 where it would get stuck on a 1X connection and wouldn't go back to 3G unless I reprogrammed it. I've posted in other threads about this, and I ultimately decided to roll the dice & try and see if a replacement fixed it. To my surprise, the hardware quality of the replacement was MUCH better than the original one in many aspects:

1) The volume buttons on the first one felt really soft. They worked, but they didn't feel natural. It seemed like I had to put more pressure on them than they should have required. The replacement actually clicks more like a button should and feels much better.

2.) Same thing with the hardware buttons on the front of the device. They all worked on the old one, but on the new one they feel much better. They are not as mushy feeling as the first TP2 I received.

3.) The same is true for the keyboard.

4.) No stuck/dead pixels that I can find.

5.) The tilt on the replacement screen is more solid as well. When I push it from the angle back to a flat position, it makes a clicking sound. The other one didn't do that and had a soft feel going back down.

The verdict is still out on the 3G part, but I thought I'd report my experience on what a replacement TP2 from Verizon was like vs. the first shipment.

I was leery when I received the replacement unit today. They only shipped the phone (with no accessories) and it came in a plain brown box with bubble wrap around it. This screamed REFURB and had me greatly concerned that I was getting a used phone. However, I did a *778 and checked the refurb status and it said no. There was also no history of the phone being used before in the lifetime timer fields.

Last edited by 8notime; 09-25-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: edit to add tilt screen observations
Old 09-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: Just received my replacement VZW TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Ive' been having an issue with my Verizon TP2 where it would get stuck on a 1X connection and wouldn't go back to 3G unless I reprogrammed it. I've posted in other threads about this, and I ultimately decided to roll the dice & try and see if a replacement fixed it. To my surprise, the hardware quality of the replacement was MUCH better than the original one in many aspects:

1) The volume buttons on the first one felt really soft. They worked, but they didn't feel natural. It seemed like I had to put more pressure on them than they should have required. The replacement actually clicks more like a button should and feels much better.

2.) Same thing with the hardware buttons on the front of the device. They all worked on the old one, but on the new one they feel much better. They are not as mushy feeling as the first TP2 I received.

3.) The same is true for the keyboard.

4.) No stuck/dead pixels that I can find.

The verdict is still out on the 3G part, but I thought I'd report my experience on what a replacement TP2 from Verizon was like vs. the first shipment.

I was leery when I received the replacement unit today. They only shipped the phone (with no accessories) and it came in a plain brown box with bubble wrap around it. This screamed REFURB and had me greatly concerned that I was getting a used phone. However, I did a *778 and checked the refurb status and it said no. There was also no history of the phone being used before in the lifetime timer fields.

Yea mine sprint one feels the same way your describing your first one, im also planning on replaceing it by or on the 6th of october maybe it might come with 6.5 on it, but who knows.

And now for the 1x problem your having, thats not actually a problem thats just in your settings hear is what you have to do.

in manila go to the Settings tab, then hit the Communications button, and then hit the phone button.
Now scroll to the Network tab, and in their where it sease mode of service, chose CDMA only instead of Global, and that should fix your 1x problem.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Just received my replacement VZW TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
in manila go to the Settings tab, then hit the Communications button, and then hit the phone button.
Now scroll to the Network tab, and in their where it sease mode of service, chose CDMA only instead of Global, and that should fix your 1x problem.
Yeah I had already tried that and just about everything else under the sun. I'm pretty sure the radio on my first TP2 was just honked up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2