PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
software request

hello all...is there anyway someone can post the cabs for spbbackup, memmaid, and the cab to disable activesync from autostarting...ive seen them on here before but havent been able to find them again..thanks in advance
Old 09-24-2009, 04:57 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: software request

Google is your friend...

SPB Backup
MemMaid

Both are commercial apps, meaning you'd have to pay for them. Can't help you with the AS cab sorry.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

yeah, i kinda figured they would be pay apps...does anyolne have the "cracked" versions or can recommend the best free backup programs
and memory programs
Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Careful asking for what you just asked for. IF you need a good backup, just use PIM, it backs up what is important.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

oooops, sorry...ill refrain from doing so in the future...thanks for the warning
Old 09-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

if you're looking to back up your data...you might want to give google sync a chance...

unless of course you're not comfy with google having so much of your info...

I have my GCal, Gmail, and GoogleContacts all pushed to my TP2 thru active sync...no significant battery draw down...and have been working nicely.

PPCPim backup is the way to go...it is a stand alone .exe that resides on your SD card...no cab to install...you can take that app and backed up contacts from phone to phone.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:15 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Here's the latest info. I have regarding stopping ActiveSync from running on its' own. This was written for HTC Touch HD, so results may vary on TP2 and on different roms. However, it should all be the same. There may be another way, but this is the way that I know to work.

ActiveSync Auto-Run Fix

How to stop ActiveSync from turning itself on all the time

(Note: on the new official 1.56.401.0 WWE ROM, ActiveSync does not appear to be running by itself any more. Don't know if it's just a matter of appearances though)
I've (markqld) rewritten this for the HTC HD and I works Brilliantly well. Thread
Active Sync can start again by itself via various scheduling routines.
There is a way to prevent this known as the "Fake Server Trick":
This 'server trick' was discovered by an Aximsite forum member known as Invid
This post originally created by IamNotMe fourpages.co.uk (Adapted by me for HD)

• Turn on your Device
  • Go to Start > Programs > Activesync. This will open the Activesync program.
  • Tap Menu at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. This will bring up the Options Menu. Notice the option Schedule... is greyed out? This is the all-critical option we need to get access to. But as it's disabled we can't change Activesync's default synchronisation schedule.
Ok, so how do we enable the Schedule option? Easy!!!
Fool Activesync into thinking there is an Exchange Server to sync with:

• From Activesync's Menu tap on Add Server Source.
  • Enter any email and untick box then click next.
  • In the following screens you can enter any old garbage. It does not matter, but just in case your unsure, just type the following in the indicated boxes
    • Server Address: fake
    • Leave box ticked and Tap Next
    • User name: fake
    • Password: fake
    • Domain: fake Leave box ticked and Tap Next
    • Untick all of the 'Data you want to synchronise' options
    • Tap Finish
  • Ok, we're done creating the server. You should now see in Activesync's main screen your normal Activesync connection(s), and a new connection called Exchange Server.
  • Go back into the Menu, and lo and behold the Schedule option is now enabled! Go ahead and tap it!
  • You will see that both options in the Schedule screen may be set to Every 5 Minutes
  • Using the drop downs, change both the Peak times and Off-peak times boxes to Manually.
  • Press the OK button at the top right of the screen.
Congratulations! Activesync is now gagged from opening on it's own and ruining your life! Your work is not done just yet though – time to clean up and get rid of the now unwanted fake Exchange Server.
  • Go back into Activesync's Menu, then Tap Options.
  • Highlight Microsoft Exchange, then tap Delete. A warning message will appear about removing files etc, but as you have no files associated with the fake Microsoft Exchange, it's nothing to worry about – just tap Ok.
  • The list will now only show your remaining PC Sync connection(s). Obviously do not delete these!"
Note: some users say it works better if you leave the fake server there (undeleted). Not the case for me, however, it does no harm to leave it undeleted as it is totally inactive and has no effect.
PS. If you connect your HD to your PC with USB cable, ActiveSync will start automatically and everything will sync up as usual (I tried it). But after you disconnect, click the Task Manager button at top right corner of HD Flo home screen and tap the X next to ActiveSync to close active sync.
or
If you want your Activesync to work but turn off each time you disconnect your USB sync cable, load the app called Activesync Killer into internal memory.
My Results: Processor & working memory usage is significantly decreased, battery lasts longer and ActiveSync is not trying to sync all the time.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

The above should work. You don't even have to use the fake info, you could setup Google as the server and set it to manual and just don't sync anything with it if you wanted to. That is what I used to do on my 6700. I still found though that Activesync would be running in the background after a soft reset, though it never restarted itself after being ended.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrood View Post
oooops, sorry...ill refrain from doing so in the future...thanks for the warning
You've just identified yourself as a thief, by asking for a cracked software. If I ever run into you, as a former software writer, I will make you wish like hell that you weren't a thief. Good luck on your "future"
Old 09-25-2009, 07:49 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

For backup, I use PIMBackup. It's within your budget (free). It works great at backing up Contacts, Calendar, Messages, Call History, etc... But not phone tweaks (i.e. regedits, cab installs, etc...).

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ckup-v2-8.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2