PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to get rid of VZW VVM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86932)

civichater 09-24-2009 11:08 AM

How to get rid of VZW VVM

I know that a lot of people on other carriers are trying to get this on their phone, but I cant stand it on my TP2. On my storm is was a great thing, but on this phone it is really slow, and looks like crap. I tried to delete the .exe file, but that only gave me an error code on the home screen when I pressed the new voicemail notification. Any one have any idea how rid my device of this??

mikenerd 09-24-2009 11:13 AM

Re: How to get rid of VZW VVM

call VZN. *611. I just did it. easy

imnuts 09-24-2009 11:16 AM

Just delete the *.lnk file in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and it won't show up on the applications list for you to open anymore. If you want to delete the actual *.exe file, you'll need something like total commander that can delete files from the ROM.

8notime 09-24-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civichater (Post 1190251)
I know that a lot of people on other carriers are trying to get this on their phone, but I cant stand it on my TP2. On my storm is was a great thing, but on this phone it is really slow, and looks like crap. I tried to delete the .exe file, but that only gave me an error code on the home screen when I pressed the new voicemail notification. Any one have any idea how rid my device of this??

You have to have Verizon remove it from your plan for it to stop working. If you look in the registry you'll see it's triggered via text messages. Whenever the phone receives a text message, formatted in a certain way, it will launch Visual Voicemail. As for TF3D launching VVM, instead of dialing *86, I'm not sure if you can get around that or not. You'll have to see if it works differently after they remove it from your account.

rbyham 05-01-2011 11:55 AM

I have been trying to track this down. VVM on VZW is a good idea with what seems to me to be poor implementation. At least on the TP2. It is so slow. And then the message to turn volume up before you can hear a message. I canot go through all of that. But I love Sense. My question has been how does one setup Sense 2.5 so that on the home page when you tap on "New Voicemail" your phone dials *86 enters the password and goes right to voicemail. This morning I walked fully through unsubscribing VVM. I am on 6.1... Sense 2.5 and found you have to let the unsubscribe process access IE and go through both the unsubscribe and confirm unsubscribe steps. Then give it 5 minutes and soft reset the phone. On mine the Sense home page "New Voicemail" now dials and goes right in. Nice fix! Yeah no more VVM! Maybe when I jum p to Android with a faster processor I will feel better about VVM... cuz I do like the idea just not the implementation (on WM anyway)